RPGM - Renryuu: Ascension [v24.05.06] [Naughty Netherpunch]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Edvin

I must say that this game had huge potential, but it turned out to be a big disappointment. It's a real shame because it could be a really good game.

Pros
    + Artwork is great
    + The original idea for the story has a potential

Cons
    - The way the story is presented is reprehensible.
    "Who are you? I am king! Really? Yes! Ok, you are king, here is crown."
    - The system of caring for the kingdom is a good idea but what is included in the game is boring and annoying.
    - The fact that the main character is from an extremely rare race is virtually unused in the game and everyone happily ignores it.
    - Combat is below average at best.
    - From the beginning you have a huge amount of money, which you do not even have how to effectively use.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

RiamMar

Many people will say: "Not another RPGM game"

First of all, if you can't get it to work, tell us!
    This game gives you story and images (and it gets better!)

I played through the game and invested around 100h (30h first play, around 70h with my latest save...)

I played this game more often than final fantasy xiv!

The quests are diveres. girls are cute or want to <spoiler alert>

audio: can't tell, i always have audio at zero (if I'm not listening to music)
    grafics: nice art, I wish RPGM and RenPy would use the same hotkeys ^^ (more vampire stuff, please :-D=
    story: Some parts are told very fast. I get it, but I like to be part of the story, so... this would be -1...
    overall

I will buy this game!

I got a lot of fun out of this game and can't wait to see #update incoming....
  3. 5.00 star(s)

LewdMiester001

I give it five stars.. Why you ask.. Well, it has a interesting storyline to begin with. Plenty of girls and more to come in further updates. The updates are not always big but always one or two that pushes the plot further and get you even more excited for whats to come. Also it has a few fun fetishes attached. Great art and engaging music to further get you interested. I don't usually like RPGM style games due to the grind but this game has a (cheat) spell that makes combat easy so you can just play for the story and explore at your leisure. All in all its a great game now and hopefully with further updates is an even better game. So if you haven't tried it yet I strongly recommend that you drop everything and give it a playthrough. And if you like it keep playing it with future updates.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

CraziBeast

From the start I'm gonna say that this is F&F, Fun and Fappable.

First, I have to say that the game gave me a bad first impression in gameplay balance and in H-scenes quality... despite this I gave it a second shot and it was TOTALLY WORTH.

Story: pretty good, and it is actually a story. I actually was invested in it and I wanted to know what it was about.

Characters: good too, cute girls with personality (some more than others), the "cliche" characters are well used here and they never felt annoying.

Gameplay: here is a bit tricky and it gave me a bad impression, you are going to find OP enemies everywhere at the beginning... you sadly have to grind a bit at first. Also, focus on doing missions during this time and try to avoid going into dungeons or caves. Another advice is SPEND GOLD, use it, buy better weapons, it's going to make your life easier. After that initial grind, the game becomes a lot more consistent and you won't have that issues anymore. The gameplay is classic RPG, and it has a pretty big cast. The elements and magic vs physical matters in this game, that adds a bit more of enjoyment. Also, buffs and debuffs are usefull. One important thing to add is that this game has a lot of exploration and side quests, also some puzzles.

Art: inconsistent AF, it can look OK, good, as shit or AMAZING. The same with the H-scenes. But overrall is good, and believe me when I say, the amazing is really... AMAZING, that is some top tier stuff that you won't find easily. Some scenes are kinda animated, you need to check the scenes of the main heroines. The quality just keeps improving!!! Also, there are a ton of scenes.

Extra: the management of the kingdom and the army's battles, these mechanics are simple but enjoyable. It's a small plus for me.

Overrall, if you like classic RPG with lot of exploration, with a story, a huge harem and potential for even more, you should give it a shot. I did and I enjoyed it a lot. Despite not being finished the game is long, so this is a game that is actually for playing, you won't get all the scenes easily and it's not for a fast fap... but those scenes are totally worth.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Sinphil

An really good RPG game that has really good balance.

The artwork is cartoony but very good with a tonne of divers women as side conquests, party members and growing harem of willing or not so willing consorts (I played good path so only two unwilling that crossed me so punished).

The main story a little light so far establishing your kingdom and string of failures against your nemesis, that while a little ridiculous didn't really affect gameplay. The individual character stories though really nice and gives each character depth.

The dungeons are well done, nothing oversized but lots of places to go and explore with lots of side quests and detail to enjoy.

There are a lot of resources to gather and a management system for Kingdom as well as diplomacy to manage but nothing overly complex.

Grind is a risk but with lots of alternatives to make gold, a lot of variety in farming locales and a really diverse character pool with a huge mix of skills its easy to avoid tedium I really don't recommend sticking to a fixed party even though all characters level together. A few of characters have unique systems not found in other RPGM that a nice twist and fun to explore and as you unlock characters stories you get to unlock more skills and management options that really reshape party dynamics tactically. I really recommend you give all the characters a chance and really play with different combos while farming and it will take edge of grind.

There is a lot more to mix up game to keep interesting. Manage your taxes, laws and policies, manage kingdom in overview developing kingdom and army, run diplomacy and manipulate neighboring Kingdoms officially and behind scenes.

It is a work in progress with a lot more that coming. Further additions not yet implemented. A backdoor to secret bedroom that Head Maid can bring non consorts into room. Addition of General recruitment to armies. Declaring war.

The game is very ambitious and is a long term project but even if it doesn't hit its potential it is already a very enjoyable game. He is creating a world that can have any number of stories woven into it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

kielbasa_sauce

This is probably one of the most ambitious RPG maker titles I have seen yet and most importantly it looks promising to deliver. It deserves your attention. This game is really looking to innovate something special for the engine and genre.

I will reserve a full review until it is completed.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Dark Witch Violet

Pro

- The main story is really good
    - The girls has different traits

Cons

The game become boring when you find out that the characters mostly just use basic attacks to fight. Like main character only has 1 fire spell and 2 spells that changes his sword to dark and fire attacks but anyway the characters become boring to be played later in the game since it's always the same.

The game has too many grinds you'll find yourself having to grind materials for hours if needed.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

ShiShi!

This game is incredible.
    - Harem.
    - Wholesome.
    - Main quest is very good, enough to keep you interested.
    - Impregnation (MULTIPLE at once ;)). It is incorporated into the main storyline so your choices of who you impregnant will show up in the main story.
    - A wide variety of girls.
    - A lot of gameplay variety - puzzles, minigames, riddles, etc. . .
    - Funny dialogues as well as wholesome/heartfelt ones
    - A lot of dialogues as the story progresses and things change around you, or your relationship with them, they will react to it.
    - Content packed even when it's not finished.
    - CG arts later in the game are very nice, though at the start they are ok. (Mira is incredible :love:, her art quality rivals that of the big budget games from JRPGs in my honest opinion).
    - Each girl has very likable personalities.
    - Some spelling errors.

If you have played many popular AliceSoft titles, such as Sengoku Rance, Evenicle, you'll find this game pleasantly familiar. Besides some spelling issues, but those are easily overlooked when there are such wholesome moments. Yes it is a harem type of game, and there is quite a variety of women.

Yeah the game does make you work a tiny bit to get some of the main girls to bed for the main activity, but it is worth it. You can see that there are extra emphasis on the main girl and how his art has improved over time. The first scene with Tsubaki (the first girl that will be with you at the start of the game)'s art, then compare it to the later CGs with her, or the character girl Vampire or Mira, there is such an incredible difference in quality.

As of right now, the girls' portraits in the dialogue boxes are placeholders I'd assume, since SOME of them do not match their faces during the CGI scenes at all. Especially Mira, she looks incredible but her portrait in the text box was a generic one that a lot of other characters in the world uses, only with the matching hair in the CG scene. The game is unfinished right now and at this point it is not that important. I am much more excited as to what will happen in the future updates to the main story line.

Since there is impregnation, the game right now teases us of the next main quest line update that there will be a time jump to see all of your children (that you chose to have with any girls of your choosing), and I just cannot wait to see how the author/artist will draw these crossbreeds and how they will affect the world around them.

One of the many reason this small genre is great and why I love games like Rance, Evenicle, and this is that you can actually feel the changes as it happen after your actions. I love to go up and talk to every single person to see their unique and new dialogues that represent their personalities after my actions and my choices that make the world feel alive. I just can't get enough of the dialogues. Also why I can't wait for the time jump story line, would love to see how daddy Ryen is and how all of his mistresses changed after that time jump and now with kids.

There is a small financial management and strategy gameplay that does not serve much purpose at this point in time but will in the future. Perhaps this is a little ambitious but I can't wait to see what the author will pull off with it.

It's crazy to think that this game does not have that much exposure and it is a shame that the author isn't getting what they deserve, which I truly hope he/she will in the near future. As of right now, the game feels very packed with content.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Karaghul

Firstly, in the game from the genre of RPG, only useless and dismal pumping characteristics.
    Secondly, in spite of the fact that the player is king, the developer still puts him on the level of an ordinary adventurer, forcing him to walk through dull, empty locations and
    grind Lot. Wood, metals and other garbage, which, for some reason, should get the king instead of the kingdom filed.
    Third, despite the fact that the player is king, the developer does not give him any tools to manage the kingdom. Yes, there is a menu with this setting, but ...
    It does not give anything except the influx of gold and some imaginary stats. No reaction.
    I allowed slavery. What changed? Nothing. Even the advisers did not say anything to me about this. The rest is the same.

Oh yes. Sex. It is negligible, and the one that is - looks defective. The artworks are on the attached screenshots and you see that they are far from good quality.

And to get the most of it - you need to grind.

Good luck.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

iceman0486

A ton of potential here. Okay, the beginning is really dumb, but the game is really stretching what can be done in RPG maker. The Last Sovereign will probably forever take the top of my list but this one is a ton of fun an well worth a look.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Mr_Sel

Lot's of content and fine protagonist. Sub-stories and girls are actually interesting and I really liked how much was done with RPGM. Definitely one of the best RPGM game I've played (and I've played a lot of them).
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Zakota

I usually stay far, far away from RPGM games but I got a bit curious about this one as the version number shows it's having a lot of work done on it. After playing it for a good few hours I noticed that I was hooked and genuinely interested in the story and what would happen next and then many more hours followed suit.

They have some pretty amazing systems in play too, the upgrading system for building your kingdom is very fun to use, like a game within itself. I enjoy seeing how choices like if you allow slavery or monster girl pets change the game (some pretty funny situations came from this) and how fun the level up system is. This looks like an RPGM game but it does not feel like one, it's clear they just used that as a tool not as their entire construction kit.

The concept is great and it makes the story be able to go in so many directions at once, giving a TON of content for you to do. Though I did find it a bit silly how you within 5 minutes stumble upon a situation that ends up making you king, however I must admit the MC's reaction (or, lack of) to it was very funny, it was a great introduction for the kind of person you'd be playing through this game with.

The battle system is like any other, nothing special and the moves are pretty vanilla and what you'd expect, with some small interesting ones added in. However there are some interesting enemies and dialogues to spice things up.

The sex scens did not impress me much, but there are quite a few and there are a few interesting situations you can get into, lots of power play stuff, so I think there is enough to give it a recommendation in that area. However I personally am not a fan of the more vanilla stuff this game offers. While the content is there, it just didn't 'do it' for me personally, I ended up skipping a lot of the more vanilla sex content as i've seen it all before elsware.

In all, great game that will give you hours of content, fun and interesting dark, occasionally dark sexual humor. Sex scenes are pretty vanila but there is a lot of them for those less picky. Purely for the sheer amount of content and unique systems and mini game events in this I'd give it a 5 stars, I thoroughly enjoy playing it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

George Halstead

There is so much content and such a variety of aspects in this game. I never get bored with it. Graphics are good, plot is as good as any and never dull, even the grinds are not bad. The best part is that you can see that there is still plenty of content to come via the world map etc which keeps my attention to see what is coming next. Great effort and my thanks for this game.