Request for Name change mods.

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
Does anyone know how to make mc name change mods. If yes, can you make such mods for a few games. I can list down the games.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
If it's RenPy games you're talking about... it should be pretty easy.
Other game engines... I guess "it depends".

Maybe list your top 5 games (ideally, with links to each of the F95 threads)... and see if anyone reaches out to you.

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
Here is the list of games:
1)Life with pleasure- https://f95zone.to/threads/life-with-pleasure-v1-0-mr-n.11314/
2)Sins of the father- https://f95zone.to/threads/sins-of-the-father-v0-7-kaffekop.7307/
3)Solvalley School- https://f95zone.to/threads/solvalley-school-v1-0-0-tk8000.3368/
4)Tales from the unending void- https://f95zone.to/threads/tales-from-the-unending-void-v0-4-extra-perverteer.42668/
If anyone is interested, please make name change mod for these games. Also, I play on Android and I tried multiple methods but couldn't do it myself.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Both Tales From The Unending Void and Sins of the Father already allow you to change the name of the MC when you start the game. So maybe I'm missing something about your request. But right now, it doesn't look like they need separate mods.

For now... download the file for Life with Pleasure or Solvalley School RV and see if they work how you hope they do... If it's fine, great. If not, let me know.

Copy the corresponding attached file into the /game/ folder of the game and see how you go on.

The attached file(s) work with the current versions of the games. Future versions may complain if the version of RenPy used to build them has changed (for example, Life with Pleasure uses RenPy 7.1.1).

You will need to put the file into the right place on an Android device.

One way requires that you enable file transfer mode by on the "about" screen... which will enable developer mode. Then use the USB Configuration menu to set the transfer mode to MTP (files). Then copy the file from your PC/Mac.​
Though if you have an app that will let you move files around on the device itself... that might work too.​
The main character in Solvalley School is Alex. Because of the way the game is written, there might be some uses of his name that my quick and dirty patch doesn't address. It's fine for the majority of the game, but you might come across the odd place where you still see "Alex".

I will NOT be supporting these patches long term. If you can't figure out how to copy the files to your android device... that's your problem. If the patch stops working in future versions of these games... that's your problem too. But I'll try to get them working if there's an obvious problem right now.
All I can say is that they seem to work fine (during my limited testing) on a PC.

Last edited:

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
Both Tales From The Unending Void and Sins of the Father already allow you to change the name of the MC when you start the game. So maybe I'm missing something about your request. But right now, it doesn't look like they need separate mods.

For now... download the file for Life with Pleasure or Solvalley School RV and see if they work how you hope they do... If it's fine, great. If not, let me know.

Copy the corresponding attached file into the /game/ folder of the game and see how you go on.

The attached file(s) work with the current versions of the games. Future versions may complain if the version of RenPy used to build them has changed (for example, Life with Pleasure uses RenPy 7.1.1).

You will need to put the file into the right place on an Android device.

One way requires that you enable file transfer mode by on the "about" screen... which will enable developer mode. Then use the USB Configuration menu to set the transfer mode to MTP (files). Then copy the file from your PC/Mac.​
Though if you have an app that will let you move files around on the device itself... that might work too.​
The main character in Solvalley School is Alex. Because of the way the game is written, there might be some uses of his name that my quick and dirty patch doesn't address. It's fine for the majority of the game, but you might come across the odd place where you still see "Alex".

I will NOT be supporting these patches long term. If you can't figure out how to copy the files to your android device... that's your problem. If the patch stops working in future versions of these games... that's your problem too. But I'll try to get them working if there's an obvious problem right now.
All I can say is that they seem to work fine (during my limited testing) on a PC.
Thank you so much brother for taking the pain to reply. Also sorry that I didn't try out the games before Posting. I just read the game description and thought it had prenamed mc. Thanks brother.

DeftestHawk

Jul 29, 2022
New Name Changer Mod that works on latest version
The Solvalley School Name Mod gave me an error when entering the MC's home and the end-of-day status was still using the default name "Alex", so I edited the code to fix these issues. I also added an option in the main character's Home on the computer which allows you to change your name whenever you want. I'm very new to coding so the code probably could have been done better but it seems to work :)

Link to latest version

Last edited: