[R> Other] Requesting comprehensive help and suggestions

JustTrynaWrite

Oct 12, 2022
I have a novel that several editors have advised I do “other” things with - everyone seems to like the story idea, but no one can provide clear direction on it. Someone suggested turning it into a virtual novel, someone else suggested a video game, and another publisher suggested releasing it as a serial. Someone from Hollywood wanted it formatted for Sci-Fi.
I need someone to read over what I have so far and provide direction, see what can be done with it. There are hundreds of characters, with hundreds of possibilities, so it can focus on other characters while having an overarching theme.
It’s a space opera. I don’t write sex, and I know that seems odd/different to post in a NSFW site for help. My coworker recommended this.
My child has helped me, read over my shoulder, and encouraged me/talked through a lot of this, so I’d like to create something of which they can be proud. I’m also probably going to release the book itself, but I’d like to know what potential it has, and what else I can do with it.

I’m asking unpaid for the review, am willing to pay/partner for game or virtual novel creation; I’m a single mom on a very tight budget, so we’d have to work that aspect out.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sergii-g

mvls

Jun 10, 2021
i would love to look at it. If you are interested, here is my discord mvls#6421

JustTrynaWrite

Oct 12, 2022
i would love to look at it. If you are interested, here is my discord mvls#6421
I’m sorry, I don’t have discord on my iPad. It’s old enough I don’t know what all I can put on it anymore.
I’m saving up to get an inexpensive laptop, but that’s still months away.

zilkin

Dec 9, 2020
I have a novel that several editors have advised I do “other” things with - everyone seems to like the story idea, but no one can provide clear direction on it. Someone suggested turning it into a virtual novel, someone else suggested a video game, and another publisher suggested releasing it as a serial. Someone from Hollywood wanted it formatted for Sci-Fi.
I need someone to read over what I have so far and provide direction, see what can be done with it. There are hundreds of characters, with hundreds of possibilities, so it can focus on other characters while having an overarching theme.
It’s a space opera. I don’t write sex, and I know that seems odd/different to post in a NSFW site for help. My coworker recommended this.
My child has helped me, read over my shoulder, and encouraged me/talked through a lot of this, so I’d like to create something of which they can be proud. I’m also probably going to release the book itself, but I’d like to know what potential it has, and what else I can do with it.

I’m asking unpaid for the review, am willing to pay/partner for game or virtual novel creation; I’m a single mom on a very tight budget, so we’d have to work that aspect out.
You had a Hollywood offer? Maybe you should try making a script if you had a serious offer.

Masski_Art

Oct 25, 2021
I’m sorry, I don’t have discord on my iPad. It’s old enough I don’t know what all I can put on it anymore.
I’m saving up to get an inexpensive laptop, but that’s still months away.
you could use web version of discor on ipad, right?

JustTrynaWrite

Oct 12, 2022
As an author myself, I would say what direction you take largely depends on your goals.
Are you doing this for profit? If so, Amazon would be a great fit. Since you have a ton of content, it's possible that you could split it up into a series of novels (20-40k?) and sell them.

Conversely, you could also give Kindle Vella a try, which is serial chapters that others can pay to read.

Also keep in mind that what you do with this doesn't need to be a "this or that" type of choice. You can make this a novel and have it adapted into an audio book set, for example. Movies aren't out of the realm of possibility, nor is a netflix show for example. All of those things depend on a demand for your work.

There are tons of different aspects that go into being an author, like building a following to demonstrate marketability, etc. Reddit is actually a great place to learn about how to be a successful author. I also find that Amazon books (kindle) are also great for learning the basics and -- if you're lucky you may find good insight.

I also find youtube to be a wealth of knowledge for just about anything.

So, once again what direction you take will largely depend on your goals.

Thanks!