Requesting for Opengl 2.0

Johnboscojohn

Apr 13, 2019
Hi all,

in my computer will support only Opengl 2.0, I am not at all getting in internet. I am getting madness. kindly share the opengl 2.0 full setup if u have.
thank you.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
in my computer will support only Opengl 2.0, I am not at all getting in internet. I am getting madness. kindly share the opengl 2.0 full setup if u have.
Hmm, what are you asking for exactly ?

Is it for the games to support OpenGL 2.0 ? Is it for this forum to support it ? Or is it for a way to make the whole web works with your really old computer ?

But well, in fact the meaning of your question do not matter this much, the answer is the same for all: It's not possible.

There's a time where technology become obsolete by fact, and it's the case here. The version 2.0 of OpenGL is 17 years old now, have been followed by 11 updates (without counting openGL ES), and is now mostly replaced by Metal (MacOS X) and ANGLE (other OSes). It's natural that more and more game engines, but also web browsers, drop its support.
It's been 13 years that the version 3.0 was published, and more or less 7 years that a better replacement API appeared. There's a moment where games (and game engines) authors stop to complicate their code, and life, just to offer a degraded version of their game to people still using the 2.0 version.

Johnboscojohn

Apr 13, 2019
i have old computer. so if i get opengl 2.0 setup, it will help me to play games and my computer will support till opengl 2.0 only..pls support me

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
i have old computer. so if i get opengl 2.0 setup, it will help me to play games and my computer will support till opengl 2.0 only..pls support me
It's not how it works.

OpenGL isn't a software that you can put on your computer. It's an API (basically: An interface between the software and the material), that come with the video card drivers if the video card driver can support the functions related to this API.

Therefore, the only thing you can do is to update the said video card drivers (ask Google or another search engine how to do it for your OS and video card), and hope that the said video card isn't too old and can support OpenGL 2.0 or more.