I've made a Walkthrough Mod for Restore Her Career game by Kalyha .​

Updated: 2024-06-11
Game/Creator: Restore her Career / Kalyha - -
Modder: MurrayMods -
Mod Version: 0.29
Game Version: 0.29
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

2024-06-11: Mod for Restore Her Career v0.29 updated!

RHC1.png RHC2.png RHC3.png RHC4.png RHC5.png RHC6.png RHC7.png RHC8.png

Last edited:

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Thanks for this!

There is an extra % on the line 15349 of the script.rpy.
Thank you! 115,000 lines of code. 5 Megabytes of script data. And only one byte can ruin it all. The delights of software development. I'm going to publish a fix, maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: antrop

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
Quick question. I notice in preview #7 you're using the standard walkthrough colors - red for negative outcome and green for positive outcome - while denoting points in different variables but you're also using them in preview #5 without denoting any point values. So is red always a bad outcome or only when points are listed?

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Quick question. I notice in preview #7 you're using the standard walkthrough colors - red for negative outcome and green for positive outcome - while denoting points in different variables but you're also using them in preview #5 without denoting any point values. So is red always a bad outcome or only when points are listed?
Hello my friend,
Good question. RHC doesn't really use a scoring system except for a particular event. In the case you mentioned (picture #7), note that there is also a legend where I warn that if you earn too many 'bad' points, you will not see a scene. In this case I show the accumulated points since I leave it to the player's discretion whether they want to mistreat Adrianna and miss the scene or treat her nicely and see the scene.
The Rude vs Nice case (picture #5) works differently. Regardless of the points accumulated being Rude, the Mod will show the scene because even though it is a tad rough, the scene, to me, seems essential to the story. So if the Rude points are not going to affect the visualization it makes no sense to show how they accumulate.
It is clear that in this game the MC is on the side of domination but I (who am the developer of this Mod) prefer the alternative which is to treat the LIs a little better. That's why options like Rude are painted red.
RHC is an excellent game but, for me, it should be coming to an end. The character arcs are completed and the story has no concrete place to progress to. In Adrianna's case, for example, the last 2 decisions in v0.29, having opposite options, give her a positive effect regardless of which one the player chooses.
I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily.
Best regards,

Murray.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
Hello my friend,
Good question. RHC doesn't really use a scoring system except for a particular event. In the case you mentioned (picture #7), note that there is also a legend where I warn that if you earn too many 'bad' points, you will not see a scene. In this case I show the accumulated points since I leave it to the player's discretion whether they want to mistreat Adrianna and miss the scene or treat her nicely and see the scene.
The Rude vs Nice case (picture #5) works differently. Regardless of the points accumulated being Rude, the Mod will show the scene because even though it is a tad rough, the scene, to me, seems essential to the story. So if the Rude points are not going to affect the visualization it makes no sense to show how they accumulate.
It is clear that in this game the MC is on the side of domination but I (who am the developer of this Mod) prefer the alternative which is to treat the LIs a little better. That's why options like Rude are painted red.
RHC is an excellent game but, for me, it should be coming to an end. The character arcs are completed and the story has no concrete place to progress to. In Adrianna's case, for example, the last 2 decisions in v0.29, having opposite options, give her a positive effect regardless of which one the player chooses.
I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily.
Best regards,

Murray.
That does answer the question and having played the game I know it's kinda setup to reward you for being an asshole. Also unless I'm remembering where picture #7 comes from in the game I'd say there's actually two points in the game which use a scoring system although the other one is not strictly about Adrianna but multiple women; I'm referring to the party night where you have to balance alcohol intact where you can miss a scene with the neighbors wife.