Unreal Engine Onhold Retarget Daz animation for Unreal Engine Mannequin

Romusfps

Dec 22, 2020
Hello guys ! I'm lost and hopeless ...

I'm trying to retarget daz skelet (animation) into Unreal mannequin.

For this i followed different tutorial but mostly this one :

I ALMOST succeed but there is a problem with IK I think...

Here my problem :

(don't take a look about target chain on video)

Foot and hand don't really work and i really really tried different way !

-I added new solver full body ik then goal IK Foot and IK Hand

- I also added chain only for IK Foot and IK Hand but when i match them with IK foot and IK HAND of unreal nothing happen.

Well i admit, Im stupid and I'm damn lost, I just want to convert genesis 8 animation into Unreal mannequin but it look a fcking maze for me.

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
Retargeting animations often leads to some sort of "artifacts" (let me call them this way), even if you have the most similar skeleton possible you will always find a bit of

In my opinion, your best bet is to use the retargeted animation you made and fix them with an IK rig that fixes hands and feet. You can also create ad hoc IK bones to avoid knees sliding.

The alternative could be to import both DAZ character and mannequin to blender and copy the animation on some frames. This isn't very difficult but it's little bit more time consuming.

On a sidenote, even if you retarget animations perfectly, beware that DAZ characters may differ slightly from one another in height and genital position so some fine tuning is always required (DAZ has its own system to fix these issues)