Ren'Py - Abandoned - Retriever: Da Capo [v0.1.0] [dodongamagnifico]

1. 4.00 star(s)

estoption25

Very good story and characters, i really like it. I can't wait to see what happens next! There are a few text mistakes that can be resolved. I hope the author does not get discouraged by the harsh criticism some people gave, and i also hope he sticks by his artstyle choices.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

X_Machina

How do I describe this...

Retriever is a visual novel with alright graphics and an interesting aesthetic/design. However, that's as much as I can really say.

The story starts out with a mystery of the MC dying without a trace of their memory or existence, however the MC is about as excited and emotional to try and learn his past as a plank of wood. Additionally, he never really has a clear goal in mind, just kind of wandering around aimlessly until the next event occurs. Characters aren't great either, with most of the ones you meet in the beginning either too nonchalant / apathetic to really take a liking towards or not compelling enough to give a reason to like them.

Overall, this game is meh. The visuals are pretty good, but the story feels like a slow bog and the characters aren't very memorable.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

MD27

The game make me dizzy bla bla oh no what are those asian words I don't understand anything bla bla where are the dogs in the game... why can't we fuck all the characters in the game yet while retrievers join us and......

for v0.6.0:
    In a world where we have and overload of games that are practically copies of each other it's nice to have something, i don't know if diferent is the correct word to use but at least with some clear not much yet explored influences.
    But more importanly I support the use of the characteristic Artstyle, (I know now from the comments where it was from originally) altough I agree with some people saying that it shouldn't be used in every scene from now on but as an introduction it was simply amazing.
    By the standards the humor parts are funny and the yet almost inexistent H-Scenes and "sex hints" are good.
    The writting is good, can't remember any ugly mistakes.
    One can't never say for sure how much the history, plot or whatever you want is original but it's not like anything I've read here.
    The characters are really good and IDK, Fullfill their function?
    Yet another game I'd support if i could
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Paarl

The game starts well by shooting normal, the girls that come out are fine, although it seems that the purpose of the game is to make you dizzy in the best of cases or give you epilepsy, the transitions are very fast, with many colors and without meaning, it was not difficult to leave the scene that is above and do not jump to black and white