Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Download this quick fix, rename it to "s3ep2.rpy" (without quotes) and put on folder "RetrievingThePastS3E4-vs3.4.0-pc-compressed/game", replacing the existing file.
Thanks for the file. I fixed my local copy already but you may want to fix your upload too.

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 14, 2020
Thanks for the file. I fixed my local copy already but you may want to fix your upload too.
Yes, thanks for the warning. I already updated the fix file in my compressed post.

MrKnobb may be interested in taking a look at this error if are not aware yet, because it is probably also present in the uncompressed version.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Im sorry to say but compressing it is up to you guys I do not support it (not saying you specifically fck it up Darkslayer). The versions i give out to my patreons all work, trust me on this.

I've had patrons say a file is corrupt only because their download was faulty. After re downloading it worked.

Needles to say I'll have a look, thank you.

EDIT: As im not an asshole ill report here.. i checked and yes there was a orhpan {i} italic. Still i've not had any complaints from any patron regarding this throwing an error so that is strange.

Yes, thanks for the warning. I already updated the fix file in my compressed post.

MrKnobb may be interested in taking a look at this error if are not aware yet, because it is probably also present in the uncompressed version.

Last edited:

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
MrKnobb compression don't touch script files they only reduce the images, audio, and video quality so that the size is decreased for ppl with lesser bandwidth or limited bandwidth to access the content.

most of the time the errors occur if the person doing the compression changes the files formats of video and audio from something like jpg to webp and mp4 to webm, the scripts will not know where the files are and it ill give an error(ppl generally don't do manual compression)

as for the mentioned error, you will only get that if you are on a specific path. so maybe most of your patreons chose other paths? :unsure:

PS: i thought i would let you know about the general workings of compression, not trying to bash you or anything :D

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Im sorry to say but compressing it is up to you guys I do not support it (not saying you specifically fck it up Darkslayer). The versions i give out to my patreons all work, trust me on this.

I've had patrons say a file is corrupt only because their download was faulty. After re downloading it worked.

Needles to say I'll have a look, thank you.

EDIT: As im not an asshole ill report here.. i checked and yes there was a orhpan {i} italic. Still i've not had any complaints from any patron regarding this throwing an error so that is strange.
It is odd that it hadn't been reported before now since it is in chapter 2 on the Nicky path. The only way it might have happened is it snuck in during the following chapters and all your patrons had already played past that point. I had started a new game with the latest update so I got 4 chapters of playing in, on three different paths, so I got to see everything.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
That is also not possible as when i finish a episode(chapter) its done. I do not work on it again. Fixing this italic issue is the first time ive ever done so. So it is very strange.

It is odd that it hadn't been reported before now since it is in chapter 2 on the Nicky path. The only way it might have happened is it snuck in during the following chapters and all your patrons had already played past that point. I had started a new game with the latest update so I got 4 chapters of playing in, on three different paths, so I got to see everything.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Thank you and appreciated. No harm done. Im sure you can also understand not only my view point (but other devs too)on 1st generation files and 2/3rd generation files, generations meaning whomever did whatever they did to my original files.

But i hear what you saying. As ive said its an error no patrons reported to as yet. Still it was there and its fixed now for Episode5 release on wards.

I'm not against you guys/ladies compressing games I totally get why you do it and it's all good, I just cannot be held liable or held accountable should something go wrong with a compressed file, you understand i hope. I guess you give out that warning too when releasing your compressed files.

MrKnobb compression don't touch script files they only reduce the images, audio, and video quality so that the size is decreased for ppl with lesser bandwidth or limited bandwidth to access the content.

most of the time the errors occur if the person doing the compression changes the files formats of video and audio from something like jpg to webp and mp4 to webm, the scripts will not know where the files are and it ill give an error(ppl generally don't do manual compression)

as for the mentioned error, you will only get that if you are on a specific path. so maybe most of your patreons chose other paths? :unsure:

PS: i thought i would let you know about the general workings of compression, not trying to bash you or anything :D

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 14, 2020
Thank you and appreciated. No harm done. Im sure you can also understand not only my view point (but other devs too)on 1st generation files and 2/3rd generation files, generations meaning whomever did whatever they did to my original files.

But i hear what you saying. As ive said its an error no patrons reported to as yet. Still it was there and its fixed now for Episode5 release on wards.

I'm not against you guys/ladies compressing games I totally get why you do it and it's all good, I just cannot be held liable or held accountable should something go wrong with a compressed file, you understand i hope. I guess you give out that warning too when releasing your compressed files.
I understand that in general developers don't like to see their games having alternate versions, but like as you said, we compress games so that people with slower internet have the opportunity to play like any other person.

The reason I mentioned you even though the error was reported for the compressed version is because it was a script typing error, so it was quite likely that the error came from the original version because the compression process doesn't modify script files as OEJ explained. I'm not saying that it was impossible that the error came only from the compressed version, but the way I checked the script made me think that the error was not made by the compression process. I wouldn't have mentioned you if I was sure the error was exclusively in the compressed version.

My attempt was to help making you aware of the error, so you could fix it in the next release if it was confirmed that the error is in the original version also; on other hand, I totally understand that you have no obligation to check if the error is present also in the original version, considering you said none of your Patreon members have complained about it yet.

Anyway, I apologize if I caused any misunderstanding.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hey man no problems honestly. I totally understand what you two are saying and all is good. No harm no foul. No misunderstanding from my side. Pls keep on doing what you two doing.

We good. Thx for being so nice about it.

I understand that in general developers don't like to see their games having alternate versions, but like as you said, we compress games so that people with slower internet have the opportunity to play like any other person.

The reason I mentioned you even though the error was reported for the compressed version is because it was a script typing error, so it was quite likely that the error came from the original version because the compression process doesn't modify script files as OEJ explained. I'm not saying that it was impossible that the error came only from the compressed version, but the way I checked the script made me think that the error was not made by the compression process. I wouldn't have mentioned you if I was sure the error was exclusively in the compressed version.

My attempt was to help making you aware of the error, so you could fix it in the next release if it was confirmed that the error is in the original version also; on other hand, I totally understand that you have no obligation to check if the error is present also in the original version, considering you said none of your Patreon members have complained about it yet.

Anyway, I apologize if I caused any misunderstanding.

• Red Heart
Reactions: darkslayer5

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
What happened to kidnapper girl who seemed to be up for any fight? Why didn't MC offer her a job and take her on the combat mission? And what of Winter who was totally smitten with MC then dropped off the face of the planet??? We begrudgingly had to make our choice between the 3 and all the other LI's faded into obscurity. Like seriously, I want to own sis and have a massive harem in this game!

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Eh.... Not sure i follow. Who's kidnapper girl? Who is Winter? Pfft harem's overrated so is incest. The new style is boring choices and missionary is the fuck style of choice. ;)

What happened to kidnapper girl who seemed to be up for any fight? Why didn't MC offer her a job and take her on the combat mission? And what of Winter who was totally smitten with MC then dropped off the face of the planet??? We begrudgingly had to make our choice between the 3 and all the other LI's faded into obscurity. Like seriously, I want to own sis and have a massive harem in this game!

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Lol you say short update... I say shit load of work from my side... Most images/dialogue ive done up to date. Next one will be more story than sex... Not to worry there will be sex still

Nice update, but short. But no wonder, the next update will be important. Crossed fingers to make it work. Nothing but wait. ;)

Ken_Scades

May 12, 2019
sooo really need to ask this, since I can't seem to find anything about it. I finally got around to playing this, am currently still in season 1, specifically at the beach day scene. If you decide to stay with vicky, what follows is that scene where Jensen puts sunscreen on vicky, but directly after the scene shifts to the next one with jensen guarding nicky and her translucent bikini from view without any explanation how he noticed it or what jensen and vicky did after or even during the sunscreen scene ... am I doing something wrong here or is this how it's supposed to be, cause it feels a lot less polished than the rest of the kinetic novel up till now.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
sooo really need to ask this, since I can't seem to find anything about it. I finally got around to playing this, am currently still in season 1, specifically at the beach day scene. If you decide to stay with vicky, what follows is that scene where Jensen puts sunscreen on vicky, but directly after the scene shifts to the next one with jensen guarding nicky and her translucent bikini from view without any explanation how he noticed it or what jensen and vicky did after or even during the sunscreen scene ... am I doing something wrong here or is this how it's supposed to be, cause it feels a lot less polished than the rest of the kinetic novel up till now.
That didn't happen to me, so I'd suggest rolling back to the sunscreen scene, making a save, and uploading it here for the Dev to look at.

D

Deleted member 2282431

Really wish I could keep all 3!!! Also wild about Andrea, did I miss a chance at her?

This should so be a harem game! I mean really... Poor Eva finds him almost dead and lovingly nurses him back to health while Nicola claims I saw him first & Vic says yeah, but I had random sex with him in a restaurant toilet 18 years ago... Then let's throw Winter/Amber/Cynthia/Andrea/Mei and a cast of 1000's into the mix... Don't even get me started on Sis... Too many hotties in this game that you have to say sorry, "I'm now in a relationship" to...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cernunnos.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
You're the second person to mention Winter and sis? Please clarify

Really wish I could keep all 3!!! Also wild about Andrea, did I miss a chance at her?

This should so be a harem game! I mean really... Poor Eva finds him almost dead and lovingly nurses him back to health while Nicola claims I saw him first & Vic says yeah, but I had random sex with him in a restaurant toilet 18 years ago... Then let's throw Winter/Amber/Cynthia/Andrea/Mei and a cast of 1000's into the mix... Don't even get me started on Sis... Too many hotties in this game that you have to say sorry, "I'm now in a relationship" to...

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes