Reviews on the site

farawaycold

Feb 27, 2020
Hello users! :)

I was lurking for quite some time on the forum, playing a lot of games and recently thought to myself "why not give my thoughts on the games?".

There is a review system on the forum, but I must admit I never paid a lot of attention to reviews (it's not intuitive to find them for me, personally).

My question is, are people here generally reading the reviews?

I have been writing and giving reviews for different things (movies, games, music) for friends for years, but they're usually more like an article than short, concise pros/cons review.

Do you think there would be an "audience" for such content? I'm hoping for some discussion on the topic :)

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I can't speak for anyone else, but I do read them sometimes. It's more of a mood thing I guess.

That said, active sites like this generally have analytics on feature use. They simply wouldn't have the section if it wasn't used. Data = money.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
I generally read them before trying a game for the first time. of course most of the reviews are worthless as people tend to overrate based on what they see as 'potential' or the embracing of their favorite kinks rather than actually reviewing the game as it is. There are a few members that I look for reviews from as I find them to be honest and fair without fawning.

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
I generally read them before trying a game for the first time. of course most of the reviews are worthless as people tend to overrate based on what they see as 'potential' or the embracing of their favorite kinks rather than actually reviewing the game as it is. There are a few members that I look for reviews from as I find them to be honest and fair without fawning.
^ What this guy said. Most people write crappy reviews that aren't reliable. But if you spend enough time on the site you can figure out which people are serious and which are NPCs. Tbh the problem is why I started with

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
I don't know if people necessarily want to read articles, but I'm pretty sure most people look at the reviews to get a general sense of the community's perception of a game. There's only so much you can learn from tags, the summary and the screenshots.

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
I don't think I've read a single review on this site.

I just look at the thread for the game, reading the summary in the first post and then quickly browsing through the replies is usually enough for me to decide if the game is giving a try or not. Especially considering that most games are small enough that it's hardly a large investment to download and try them out :)

OneWayMissile

Jul 24, 2018
Reading the reviews can be helpful....Sometimes....Rarely actually, I do like to read well thought and written reviews but most reviews are worthless as they are either based or super biased so you never really get a honest view of a game.

Reactions: Bird34

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
My two cents about reviews. There are some real reviews (usually 3 or 4 and sometimes even 5 stars) which give real assessment of the cons and pros of the game AS IT IS and they can be very useful to the developer. And there are "reviews" which are written by people who simply aren't interested in the type of game they are reviewing and instead of simply writing "I'm not in such games so I can't write a real review" they simply are feeding their own ego "Look at me! How I'm able to mess up with things I have no idea about!"