RPGM - Completed - Rhode's Fortress [Final] [ScaleGarden]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Metropolisz

Had my eyes on this game ever since I joined F95 back in 2018 but my inept ass couldn't figure out and boy was I glad I didn't pick it up back then because I won't be able to cope with how this game progresses.

The game had a well-established combat and systems (rarely used) that differentiates this game from the other RPGM of today even though this game was made in 2013.

For the story, the buildup to the midgame was honestly among one of the best I've ever encountered in a H-game. However, as for later chapters. it's the usual NTR stuff but with so many twists the only thing I feel by the end is despair for the protagonist.

Final rating, 8/10, not too bad gameplay wise but the story itself is the ultimate cuck.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

AdventAnyx

This one still hurts. Is it what being cucked feels like? :HideThePain:

Imagine that you have a perfect setup:
    -brave but naïve princess arrives to the fortress full of horny soldiers, where her childhood boyfriend is stationed;
    -cute and hot design of her, plus a clothing system;
    -gets gradually corrupted by a sleazy sergeant, slowly falling due her natural urges and bf being too much of a gentleman lol;
    -has sections with unique combat system that's actually satisfying to go through, and not too grindy to become annoying;
    -corruption progresses nicely, and when you already have plans in your head about what direction it'll take after heroine's approaching fall...

A newly announced character appears and rapes her immediately. What the fuck?

You cope with how badly the game drops the ball, but keep playing hoping for its comeback. It somewhat takes a more hardcore approach to corruption, and you think that maybe this time she'll finally start becoming everyone's plaything in that fortress.

And then the game drops the ball the second time, with its boring endgame plot...

Years later I'm still mad at the contrast of how 10 out of 10 the game starts with all of its components, and how low it manages to fail with almost all of them.

5 Stars for being a nice food for your own headcanon, I often think about making a game in this exact setup;
    3 Stars in reality. Fuck you, Scale Garden (and please come back with another game :HideThePain:)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

zombielove

This is on the best engine I have played. The battle mode is super cool and once learnt, easy to win.

The art of the Game and Characters are awesome.

The mechanics/interactive-ness is good.

Story is 10/10 and would love for creator to make a sequel to this.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = really good RPGM game. Heroine gets slowly corrupted.

Story: 5/5
    + Young naive girl is in the middle of war and she is surrounded by perverts. In order to prosper she will slowly descend into depravity.
    + At start the story is lighthearted, but beware that in the middle it turns depressing. But in the end there is turn around and all gets well.
    + I really liked the story.

Art and Sex stuff: 5/5
    + Main heroine is hot.
    + Renders are decent.
    + Sex scenes are pretty good.
    + There is also a lot of exhibitionism that is done voluntarily by main heroine. Nice.
    + Game has a lot of pictures and you can see heroine with various clothes and different states of undressing. Very nice.

Gameplay: 5/5
    + This is not standart RPGM game.
    + This game has pretty good and inovative fighting system. I liked it.
    + During fight the heroine takes various fighting poses and you can see its picture and thats good. Especially good when heroine is (half) naked. Kek.
    + English is decent.
    + Soundtrack is okayish.

To sum it up:
    I really liked this game. If you enjoy RPGM games then you will most likely love this.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

SofieSoBad

Yeah, should've listened to the reviews.
    The story becomes at the half way through a total boner killer.
    I'd rather had have the initial standard, ugly bastard, corruption build up story which completely turned over for artistic purposes (?)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Adirtymexican666

Thoughts
    I dropped this since i just wasn't interested enough in the direction the story was going. and its longer than i am interested in giving time to this.
    the battle system was confusing at first but after i understood how to use it it was really well designed.
    though i do wish there was an option to skip them if desired.
    i love the art and even animations this has.
    i did not care for the events you were forced to have sex with no choice in the matter (which went on for far too long...)
    or the pointless information like how many times the character had sex or what there 3 sizes were....

Overall
    I do think this is a good experience. i just wish the story was less depressing.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Freshman22

It's a pretty good game ngl. If give it a solid 4.5/5. But since I can't give that just round it up to 5. Fun game and love the content in it. Worth the time. Combat system is something knew but not difficult to get used to.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Rofevil

3h in no sex. 80% breast massage game content, 19% kissing, 1% actual shit that happens in the very end. Waist of time. The only thing that was cool is battle system, if you actually put time into learning,
  9. 4.00 star(s)

hairygairy

After giving this game a pass many times, I finally decided to give it a try. I read in the reviews that there was a forced scene which was supposedly really shitty. I thought they were exaggerating. They weren't.

Like what the fuck was the dev thinking? It started of really well with slow, well done corruption. Then they pull that shit. It is the complete opposite of what the dev was going for before that scene. I don't get it. I've never gone soft during a scene while playing a H-game before but man.

Anyway, it sort of picks up again after that, I just tried to forget that part of the game. The rest of the game is a bit odd, but in a good way. The combat is a bit more interesting than your standard RPGM game. The art is good, the scenes are above average.

Would give this 3.5-4 stars, 4.5-5 if they didn't have that honestly retarded ass scene at the start of the second act of the game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

madyo

found this dev when diving searching for new game in f95, the game this dev made is so good and might be one of memorable game i ve played(like fallen makina etc)
    • the combat is so unique and interesting 5/5
    • the art pretty interesting and some good animation too considering when game is made 5/5
    • the story and the corruption of the mc is pretty good, sadly the game feel quite rushed because its been developed for so long (if this developed correctly it could go againts oneone1 game imo, because its rushed so the story become linear, but its still good) 4/5
    it keeps getting me wanna play more and when i realize i already played 3-4hours
    the game is so underated, im giving this game 5 stars hoping that this will made someone played this game again and support the dev because this game dev work is so much better than other that only simple and linear

hey if u see this review i hope u support the dev, buy the game, considering the lastest and only ci-en post is 2021 and their website cant be reached anymore i hope u guys support them
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Flooper

This game started out really well, with a quality story, cute character development, teasing and at most some dubcon.

Then the midgame happened. I couldn't stomach it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Graphics: 4/5 - good quality, and I like the (sometimes comedic) moving elements.
    Story: 3/5 - Good if you enjoy entirely forced narratives where you have no say, not even on what your character is feeling/thinking.
    Kinks: This is too subjective to really be worth scoring, but for me it went from a solid 4/5, down to a 1/5 when the midgame storyarch hit.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

ciri_in_trouble

This game is pretty different than your standard RPG Maker game, so it might not be your cup of tea. If you aren't picky about your tea, it's a solid game.

Combat
    Completely different than what you'd expect, but a bit grindy and repetitive. Still, fascinating and I wish they didn't give you spoiler tips for each important battle. Maybe it's not too late to add a difficulty mode that doesn't give you tips. If you are having trouble understanding it, try to Thrust at a good accuracy. If your accuracy isn't good enough to Thrust then Slash 1. Ensure you have enough AP left to either parry to 0-5 damage or evade entirely. Use your limited skills however you want.

Plot
    There's three acts to the game and each act is really different. Act one is goofy comedic light hearted hentai. Act two is rape/corruption. Act three is more fetishy goblin and has more magic fantasy elements. Again, maybe not everyone's cup of tea if they want strict NTR or something. But if you don't care that it's thematically different then it's good smut.

Graphics
    Pretty good. The game looks a lot better than the screenshots in the thread since there's animation. I wish there were more scenes as the game is on the shorter side.

Character
    The premise is that the character is running away from arranged marriages and wants to love (read: sleep around) whoever she wants. So this is different than your typical naive protagonist. The writing is awful and good at the same time, there's plot holes but then good scenarios. It'll be best if you can turn off your brain during the bad parts.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

BlackeyeVuk

This game is made for females. Like, no choices, you are forced one path. No control at all, game is basically visual novel.

Now the things this game has is good. Interesting setup, story, characters,plot art, animations is alright, etc. But it so forced upon you it's disgusting.

Only one who can fap to this are females.
    Now the argument would be that this game just doesn't click my kink, and it would be true to extent. I hate rape. Altho, if the pace is good, and story have some indication of your choices, than it would be fine. But this?

It doesn't matter really, you just play for 2-3 hours blueballing yourself just to end up with a scene that just makes you delet the game.

Im giving it 3 because it would be perfect if it was a little more sandboxy. So I can ignore the plot.
    Again this game is perfect for female players. Because it does good job with some casual story ending up with raping. +believable characters.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Umaro

Great artwork and writing. The combat system is also innovative and interesting to some degree, and it shows up just enough to avoid getting in the way. Some people might be put off by some of the more noncon scenes, but if you can stomach them or dare I say enjoy them, you'll like this game.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

PantsRats

This game starts off with an intriguing story and a few interesting characters. As I played, I started to wonder where the choices were. Then I realized there were no choices.

Another example of a decent game with great art, with great potential... Completely ruined by a forced storyline that is so stupid, resulting in unavoidable encounters with a mindless protagonist.

Great potential, HUGE failure. One extra star for good animated art.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1708512

Many people really liked this game but I think it was a waste of time. First of all wth is this title screen its so creepy... I think there is not enough cgs in the game and the scenes are not good at all, unless you have a major missionary fetish or something. Well I think this game could be good if it had more variety on these scenes.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

iluvpink

I'd actually give this a 3.5. It took a while to figure out how the combat works (I actually quit a few times before I decided to give it more time) but once I did I enjoyed it. Alt+Enter filled my screen, but the game stretched horizontally so the MC was wider than she should have been. She is attractive though. The story was ok but potential was there for so much more (and better). It is a good game that could have been great with just a little more work.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

kepi

Great game! Almost perfect but it felt like there was room for the story to be expanded and more scenes added. Would have loved to see the soldier's room used in a gangbang scene , a relationship with the Chief Soldier, or even the Cuck's relationship with Galatea expanded.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Kulman

I almost glossed over this gem many times. The scenes are very hot and the corruption is kind of well done. The protagonist is very beautiful and her animations seem live. The pictures move (blinking eyes, moving tongue, saliva dripping), which gives it all a real and fluid feeling, which seems to not be present with most of these titles.

Overall a very good game, that is easily overlooked. Give it a go.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Loveakatsuki

This is the one of the best games i ever played. I really enjoy the story, but arts was incredible. I love that moment when you just talk to NPS's and her chest is open, its small details but its also small happiness. I like the way you can undress the character. The fights are cool, first i didnt like it, but when i play a little more i start to enjoy it. And also i like the way you corrupt your hero, step by step. Thats why i want t give 5 stars