Votes: 67 63.2%
  • Simple Female

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Simple Male

Votes: 20 18.9%

• Total voters

D4re

Apr 19, 2021
Would like to play as a simple (with little money and always trying to make ends meet ) Mc or a rich one ( CEO type, always trying to make more money )

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Not enough categories, imo. Rich, but humble? Rich, but lives below his means? Rich asshole? What is simple? Does it mean poor? Does it mean middle class? Does an entry level software developer count as simple?

Reactions: V_ale

D4re

Apr 19, 2021
Not enough categories, imo. Rich, but humble? Rich, but lives below his means? Rich asshole? What is simple? Does it mean poor? Does it mean middle class? Does an entry level software developer count as simple?
Yeah software developer would count as simple

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't mind if the main character becomes rich during the story, but I'd rather they earn it during the game. Starting off rich makes life too easy IMO. I'd rather the main character have more challenges to deal with even if he ultimately winds up rich during the story. And inheritance doesn't count as working for it.

Oct 26, 2017
It all depends on the background and how you define those concepts.

Meant to be realistic? "Simple", random female MC.
In a fantasy world, don't really mind being stuck with a rich bitch ordering people around, but not if that makes gameplay too easy, only if that's part of the story.

As khumak said, if the character somehow becomes rich and influent, I'd really enjoy, say, a VN that has subtle choices to test the player's humility and resistance to such factors while starting out poor, having to make ends meet and fighting for social changes, and see if suddenly having this change corrupts their mindset and clouds their decisions.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Well a rich mc can just flash the money and will get bitches on the dick, a poor one has to work hard and still gets the girls, i know which one id rather play as

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
winners are the losers of stories, there's nowhere to go but down from there. if you want your story to go somehere you start with a loser, so you can milk every win on the way for all its emotional impact.

the only exception is a tragedy. you begin with a winner and keep suckerpunching all the way to lowest low. might work well for a female protagonist rape simulator or an ntr story, but nothing else. 99/100 you'll want a loser to start with.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
I like stories when poor male MC has a relationship with rich but nice and kind girl (like Jill from Being a DIK). Not with rich bitches.

Last edited:

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
the only exception is a tragedy. you begin with a winner and keep suckerpunching all the way to lowest low. might work well for a female protagonist rape simulator or an ntr story, but nothing else. 99/100 you'll want a loser to start with.
Nah, you can easily make a revenge sex story starting with a rich guy who has it all. Wife cheats on him, sucks his assets dry, leaves him for dead, dude has to pick himself up and rebuild. You can be a rich guy and still have endearing traits, not every rich guy has to be an asshole. I actually really like the rich to poor guy archetype where the guy has to reacquaint himself with what really matters in life when he realizes he's lost nothing by losing all his wealth.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
Nah, you can easily make a revenge sex story starting with a rich guy who has it all. Wife cheats on him, sucks his assets dry, leaves him for dead, dude has to pick himself up and rebuild. You can be a rich guy and still have endearing traits, not every rich guy has to be an asshole. I actually really like the rich to poor guy archetype where the guy has to reacquaint himself with what really matters in life when he realizes he's lost nothing by losing all his wealth.
And that's called a tragedy.