VN Completed 魔剣士リーネ - Leane of Evil Blade 1.27

Ruyne

Sep 20, 2017
Title: Leane of Evil Blade
Developer website:
Language: Japanese

leane_cover.png
Sorry - Reposting this here as I wasn't sure where to post the translation-only thread originally. Posted it first in game requests, that got flagged as rejected so I'm moving it here. If there is a better place please let me know - it'd be nice to have a thread so I can get a gauge of any bugs.

Hey, I've wrapped up translation of Leane 1. No AI Tools - figured I'd do it for practice and maybe to atone for watching anime on Sky7 as a kid.
This is my first game TL. It is a little rougher at the start as I figured out a good balance between using the literal meaning and intent in translation.

More detailed instructions in zip file, but a brief:

Download:

Note that this is only the english patch. You can find the game pretty easily elsewhere, or support the dev if you can.

I'm in a moral debate too as Japanese sellers make it increasingly harder to buy/play/text hook their games. But respect to the OG, I just want to pitch in the patch.

Install Guide
- Extract and place patch.xp3 and patch2.xp3 in the main Leane folder (along with data.xp3, plugins, and leane.exe)

I've gave the game a general playtest and verified the scenes/main route/systems, but I've spent waaay too much time on this to test every conditional state.
If there are any bugs please throw them in the thread (excluding why can't I run on mac/non-japanese locale)
I'll try to address them for a short while after the patch is out. No promises.

P.P.S - Saves in the old version probably won't work, but I've included a full gallery unlock.