Others - Roachnighter [v0.4] [Antlyon]

1. 2.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

I tried Roachnighter [v0.4] by Antlyon.

This is a pretty short game. The mechanics are alright, and I see what the dev is trying to do. Unfortunately it ends up being a very clunky and at times quite glitchy experience.

The game itself is very straight forward. You can pick 3 different girls, and 2 start locations. I could only get the school to though. The setting is quite dark, but you have a torchlight.

Even if it wasn't dark, there isn't actually anything to see. If an enemy touch the MC they will disappear and be on their way to get inside her. You can stop this by clicking their silhouette as it travels across the screen.

I suppose your job is to get away, but really, I didn't play this game for more than 15 minutes before it became boring.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Rosayee

It's not a terrible experience, but it's also not good. While I do appreciate the lewd bug horror concept of the game, as an abandoned project, it is lacking a lot of gameplay, story and animation polish to be worth rating higher, but enough to not rate it any lower.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JoeTermin

It's quite a good game although very disturbing and short (3 animations I think ? - still worth playing).

Judging by the visuals and the overall advertisement around it, this game may look terrible at first, and looks like something that was made in 5 minutes, and while I can't really say if that is true or not, what I can say is that the final product is fun, made by someone who knows what they're doing.

This game is the opposite of most games published on this site which look fantastic on preview until you play them and discover an absurdly boring gameplay which ruins all the art - but this game is made by a true connoisseur, who has realized that most of us aren't here looking for a 5 page-long story or overly complex gameplay. The gameplay here is kept to the basic, you move, you explore, you dodge (unlikely to succeed) or you get r*ped. And that's enough to make a good H-game. This one has great gameplay ideas on top of the traditional genre, like having some creepy exploration to setup the mood, animations which depend on the number of enemies, and an overall high difficulty (which is actually a plus).

The visuals are a bit pixelated but the ambience still makes them sexy.

Anyway it starts and plays very quickly so you don't risk much for trying it.

In the end my only major complaint is that the roach fetish ends up being too disturbing for me - something I cannot really blame on the dev so I rate 5 regardless - there is an option to replace insects with slimes (excellent idea btw) but unfortunately some of them are still not replaced (bug?).
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Stat

Damn, as much as I want to enjoy this game, as of 0.2.2 I can't find another word for it other than terrible. Trying to actually play it is pretty hard even at the easiest difficulty and sandbox mode, where I hoped I'd get kind of a gallery experience, was mostly the girl jumping on her own, so I couldn't just watch the scenes

Still, I'll keep a hopeful eye out for some updates
  5. 5.00 star(s)

SaintofCoom

Good start, has potential to be a nut blast express game for us freaks out there. Its a little difficult but to be honest most of us aren't actually here to to see the protagonist win. Cant wait to see what cums next.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

marthreed

Roachnighter [v0.2.2]

Mannn, that's very cursed.

There's barely any purpose on this game, poor playing.
    Just a few rooms and corridors filled with lots ot cockroaches. You are trying to exit the place with finding the key. Simple story for a simple bug game.
    I really do not recommend this game to you if you don't have.. uhhh, "Bug fetish" ?

Also that's incredibly hard to watch the game, controls and options can kill your brain.

And there's a option that turns every cockroaches to slimes, for people who got a weak stomatch. what can i say? that's very nice of them.

Overall : 100/24