Cheat Mod Ren'Py Rogue-Like Cheat Injector [v1.5.2] [SLDR]

Vinciz

Dec 27, 2017
I managed to get the _cheats.py auto editor extracted from the shell script and looking at the code, various things have changed a lot in the original screens.rpy.

So I can verify that this cheat indeed does not work.
It requires a lot of changes so at this point, use console commands instead.

I've told the mods.
I haven't found any problems, I don't know about you guys but it works for me and I'm playing version v0.992g

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I haven't found any problems, I don't know about you guys but it works for me and I'm playing version v0.992g
That is simply not possible. The injector is unable to run because there are missing strings in the new files that it should edit (options and screens). Therefore the trainer is not applied.

Try to do it in an empty directory. Maybe you have some leftover files from an old version (rpyc or something).

Vinciz

Dec 27, 2017
Try to do it in an empty directory. Maybe you have some leftover files from an old version (rpyc or something).
I don't think so, because when a new game update comes out, I delete the old one and install the new one, however it gave me a problem too, not like yours, but I removed the files that the Cheat Injector had downloaded, I re-downloaded and after a couple of seconds it tells me that the cheats are active .... I do this:
- download the game
- download the Cheat Injector
- open Cheat Injector = error
- remove files
- reopen Cheat Injector = cheats enabled
- open the game

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Hey, so I no longer have a windows machine, but I know the code pretty well and I've had a pretty sh**ty day and helping people might bring some semblance of order into my mood so I'll do what I can.

In your case it's saying it can't find any of the paths or files. Is the path to your directory actually "D:\~Anima\" or is that a path that's being truncated by command prompt. Sometimes, command prompt will truncate a directory name if it's too long. But, ironically, that truncation makes other things unable to find the folder. Kinda like if someone told you to call his friend Bill, but the guy's name is Willinford. So you call and call but no one answers.

There's another possibility that, for some reason, the command prompt loses all it's environment variables as it's running the script. Making it so that it can't find powershell.exe even though that's like the first thing the .bat file does and confirms. I can't imagine why that would happen short of a corrupted/bad command prompt, you're logged in as one user but running the script as another (running it as administrator should be fine), the D drive you're on somehow disconnects during the process or the script doesn't have read and/or write access to the drive (but that still doesn't explain why it can't find powershell.exe).

Other than those ideas, sadly, I'd have to be there and see your computer to really know what's going on. Like, is D: a network drive maybe? Or are you running it in a virtual machine?

Last edited:

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
Seriously???

It's written right in the OP:

"
Updated: 21-03-2021
Game/Creator: Rogue-Like by
Modder: SLDR
Mod Version: v1.2.1
Game Version: Requires any version of the game that includes Storm (v0.993 and above)

"
Yes, but it doesn't seem to actually work with v0.993g so I'm not surprised by the question.

highlander00

May 15, 2017
Yes, but it doesn't seem to actually work with v0.993g so I'm not surprised by the question.
Well, for it's working as usual... Never had any kind of problem...

File "D:\...\Rogue-Like-0.992g-win\Rogue-Like-0.993g-win\renpy\_cheat.py", line 98, in <module>
options()
Maybe you should try to extract the game to another place, just to make the pathfile shorter...

Apeiron

Dec 22, 2017
Works fine for 0.993g for me.

"Simple" how-to for non-Windows users:
Download the .bat
Open it in .. something. Whatever your text editor of choice is
Open (or however you want to do the decode. I was lazy)
Copy/paste the rpatool1/2/3/4/5 blobs in order as one long blob and decode, and save that as rpatool.py somewhere (or you can download rpatool.py from another source, if preferred, or use your existing one if you have it)
Do the same with cheat1, saving that as cheat.py in the game/ folder
Copy archive.rpa to where you put rpatool.py
Open a terminal in that directory and execute python3 rpatool.py -x archive.rpa
Copy options.rpy and screens.rpy from there to the game/ folder
Open a terminal in game/ and execute python3 cheat.py
Should work fine
You can then delete the copied archive.rpa + extracted contents, if desired

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
Well, for it's working as usual... Never had any kind of problem...

Maybe you should try to extract the game to another place, just to make the pathfile shorter...
File path is well under the 150 character max that well written Windows programs work up to, and all the other F95Zone games in that parent directory have similar length file paths. Out of the 20+ games I've tried this is the very first game or mod that has not worked for me. I'll try it, but obviously I may need to try to fix the code myself if this fails.

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
Ok, I finally got the fix. I had the directory and all sub-directories and files set to hidden, and while the bat file could find the files to a certain point, when the powershell started trying to put it together it couldn't find the temp files it was supposed to have created because it never really created them. Setting the directory to not be hidden for at least long enough to enable the cheats will allow it to run properly, after which the directory can be hidden. This had not inhibited any of the previous mods for other games, but apparently this mod will NOT work if it is put in a hidden directory.

Reactions: highlander00

neoplastered

Feb 11, 2018
Not working for me either.

----------------------------------------------------

Creating rpatool...
'powershell.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Searching for RPA packages
+ Unpacking "archive.rpa" - 137714798 bytes
C:\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.993g-win\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file
'C:\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.993g-win\_rpatool.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dire
ctory

Cleaning up temporary files...
Could Not Find C:\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.993g-win\_rpatool.py

Creating cheat...
'powershell.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.993g-win\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file
'C:\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.993g-win\_cheat.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direct
ory

Cleaning up temporary files...
Could Not Find C:\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.993g-win\_cheat.py

----------------------------------------------------

Finished!