Cheat Mod Ren'Py Rogue-Like Cheat Injector [v1.5.2] [SLDR]

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
Works fine for 0.993g for me.

"Simple" how-to for non-Windows users:
Download the .bat
Open it in .. something. Whatever your text editor of choice is
Open (or however you want to do the decode. I was lazy)
Copy/paste the rpatool1/2/3/4/5 blobs in order as one long blob and decode, and save that as rpatool.py somewhere (or you can download rpatool.py from another source, if preferred, or use your existing one if you have it)
Do the same with cheat1, saving that as cheat.py in the game/ folder
Copy archive.rpa to where you put rpatool.py
Open a terminal in that directory and execute python3 rpatool.py -x archive.rpa
Copy options.rpy and screens.rpy from there to the game/ folder
Open a terminal in game/ and execute python3 cheat.py
Should work fine
You can then delete the copied archive.rpa + extracted contents, if desired
Repacked current version as an archive with a patch script, which can be run like this (in a Bash shell):
Code:
GAME=path/to/game/folder ./patch.sh
The script handles cleanup and is intended for to be run from outside the game folder (so I guess you could unpack it once and then apply it on any new game versions the same way).
Mod updates will likely only affect the cheat.py file contents (decoded from cheat1 variable in the script), so an update should be trivial.

P.S. Patched game works fine for me, except that after loading an old save (from before patching) the game makes you go to your room (trying to stay sends you back to main menu).

Reactions: unklem

Mgoptoi

Nov 7, 2017
The tips and solution examples above didn't help.
Can anyone upload their game+mod and throw me a link?

kazzari

Jun 2, 2020
Hi guys , and thanks SLDR for this cheat mod

I really appreciate it to speed up the game for each new version of the game ( to check new content quickly )

But the most cool feature finaly is the "time reset" , without it the game is frustrating !

I see you made this mod for official Rogue-like , and i can't say how much it's really appreciated ...

And maybe i will make you angry against me , but i have to ask ... can you make a fix for the modded version ?

since they made the 0.984h , they integrated the cheat but not the timer reset (and it's a real pain in the ass )

I have asked the same on the discord of the mod , but i think my request was lost in the flow of messages , and their last annoucement are on the fact they are really busy with the new code portage , so i think this will not be a priority for the moment...

So if you can ?! it will be really wonderfull

Reactions: papasmurf

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Repacked current version as an archive with a patch script, which can be run like this (in a Bash shell):
Code:
GAME=path/to/game/folder ./patch.sh
The script handles cleanup and is intended for to be run from outside the game folder (so I guess you could unpack it once and then apply it on any new game versions the same way).
Mod updates will likely only affect the cheat.py file contents (decoded from cheat1 variable in the script), so an update should be trivial.

P.S. Patched game works fine for me, except that after loading an old save (from before patching) the game makes you go to your room (trying to stay sends you back to main menu).
what's this folder do? program still is broken for me.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
So I found solution minute ago. This problem means miner took over cmd. full topic:

Next instruction worked for me:

1.c) Open Run (win+r) and enter "regedit.exe" without quotes.

2.a) Go to the winlogon registry entry in the same regedit software ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon])

2.b) Check the sub-key named "shell" and change its value to "explorer.exe" without the quotes. (This means when you log onto windows it will no longer attempt to run the miner and instead start up normally.)
shell?

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
what's this folder do? program still is broken for me.
If you check the post I was responding to, you'll see that this repack is meant to be run on non-Windows systems (Linux in my case).
‘Shell’ in this context refers to POSIX command terminal (similar to CMD on Windows), with Bash being the most common script language implementation (like batch/.bat files; in case of shell that's either .sh or without extension).
If you want to run this on Windows, you'd need to install Cygwin or equivalent (with Python in it), but if you're unfamiliar with Linux it'll probably be easier to make the original batch file work.

Judging by the screenshot you posted earlier, it failed to locate Python executable (which should be present in your game as it runs on Python; presumably in lib/windows-i686… and that's also where the script is looking for it). My best guess is that the script fails to locate python.exe correctly because a) it expects to be placed inside the game/ subdirectory by default, and b) the code that checks if the script is in the game root directory appears to check for existence folders relative to workdir (as opposed to the script location which is used for actual file access) – meaning that if the script isn't run from the game directory (even if it's located there) it'll fail to determine that correctly:
Code:
if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
You can probably make the script work by either running it with correct workdir ( and run the script by typing its name in double-quotes, e.g. "RL Inject v1.2.1.bat"), or by moving the script to game/ subfolder (though it's possible to mess it up by running with wrong workdir as well :D).

Alternatively/additionally, request OP to fix this bug in his script, so that you won't have to deal with it after the next game update.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
If you check the post I was responding to, you'll see that this repack is meant to be run on non-Windows systems (Linux in my case).
‘Shell’ in this context refers to POSIX command terminal (similar to CMD on Windows), with Bash being the most common script language implementation (like batch/.bat files; in case of shell that's either .sh or without extension).
If you want to run this on Windows, you'd need to install Cygwin or equivalent (with Python in it), but if you're unfamiliar with Linux it'll probably be easier to make the original batch file work.

Judging by the screenshot you posted earlier, it failed to locate Python executable (which should be present in your game as it runs on Python; presumably in lib/windows-i686… and that's also where the script is looking for it). My best guess is that the script fails to locate python.exe correctly because a) it expects to be placed inside the game/ subdirectory by default, and b) the code that checks if the script is in the game root directory appears to check for existence folders relative to workdir (as opposed to the script location which is used for actual file access) – meaning that if the script isn't run from the game directory (even if it's located there) it'll fail to determine that correctly:
Code:
if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
You can probably make the script work by either running it with correct w&orkdir ( and run the script by typing its name in double-quotes, e.g. "RL Inject v1.2.1.bat"), or by moving the script to game/ subfolder (though it's possible to mess it up by running with wrong workdir as well :D).

Alternatively/additionally, request OP to fix this bug in his script, so that you won't have to deal with it after the next game update.
I'm not seeing the command prompt option.

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
i'm just trying to follow the instructions of the link you gave.
…Alright, here's the thing.
The game file you downloaded? It's an archive. Compressed into a single file for storage.
You need to unpack it before using. Like, say, playing or patching.
That is to say, the reason you can't patch the game turns out to be that you're trying to patch it without unpacking into a directory.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
…Alright, here's the thing.
The game file you downloaded? It's an archive. Compressed into a single file for storage.
You need to unpack it before using. Like, say, playing or patching.
That is to say, the reason you can't patch the game turns out to be that you're trying to patch it without unpacking into a directory.
it is unpacked.

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
it is unpacked.
The screenshot you posted says it's an archive. Opened in an archive viewer (not in the file explorer).
Obviously, it won't let you run a terminal in that directory – you're inside a file (and even if it was a directory, WinRAR doesn't provide that option anyway, as its purpose is working with archives). And if you try to run an executable (or a batch script) from an archive, it'll be unpacked into a temporary directory first (as a single file).

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
The screenshot you posted says it's an archive. Opened in an archive viewer (not in the file explorer).
Obviously, it won't let you run a terminal in that directory – you're inside a file (and even if it was a directory, WinRAR doesn't provide that option anyway, as its purpose is working with archives). And if you try to run an executable (or a batch script) from an archive, it'll be unpacked into a temporary directory first (as a single file).
dev needs to fix this.

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
dev needs to fix this.
Er… What? I'm saying, you've opened an archive in WinRAR; what you need to do is open the unpacked game folder in regular file manager (like the default one, called Windows Explorer IIRC).
I don't see how it's a problem caused by the dev (which one, anyway? Of the game? Of the script? Or of WinRAR?)

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Er… What? I'm saying, you've opened an archive in WinRAR; what you need to do is open the unpacked game folder in regular file manager (like the default one, called Windows Explorer IIRC).
I don't see how it's a problem caused by the dev (which one, anyway? Of the game? Of the script? Or of WinRAR?)
you said i could request OP to fix this bug in his script.