Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Damn it ! must have missed an Alert and the thread starts running off without me.
Yeah,I mean thats fine for a new character but not one so firmly established(and in a steady relationship soon-to-be-only-fucked-over-by-executive-meddeling married one at that).
Starfire had what?
Over two decades of character represantation at that point?
Sure there is a point to be made about character reboots offering the chance to put a completely new spin on something established but more often than not that turns into a shitshow(and most certainly did in this case with its incredibly shallow attempt at sexuality).
And to be frank...the art wasnt even that good(serviceable and certainly titillating but not particularly original or even interesting,nothing you havent seen before).
Yeah well have to agree to the main point there which is they shouldn't be just adding new shit for the sheer purpose of branding it as new and making more money off of it... that kinda behavior usually leads to a decline in quality every time. They really need to stop selling Polished turds. x__x
Oh Sorry... ya Thicc starfire ... allowed my imagination to run wild for a moment there... she looks good as she is slender but not skinny just the right amount of meat on the bones... keep picturing the old 80s version... the newer teen titans are just childish looking so none of her old appeal in there. the Animated ones not the Live action TV Series... don't even watch any of the Animated Teen titans anymore... and Starfire is not in the Young Justice series... atleast so far. No wonder that poor Nightwing looks sorta out of place with Oracle.

Not the biggest Storm fan so I will leave it at that. :p

Yeah the first class suits looked pretty bad.
Not many costume designs would translate well to real life(especially the more...fabulouse?! ones from the 70´s and 80´s) but I always thought that Wolverine´s classical treads would work.
Maybe trim the mask´s ears a bit but outside of that its basicly just a big latex jumpsuit(with differing decals and paintshop depending on the chosen costume).
Would have fit with Jackman´s more pronounced physique.
Oh well,that dream is dead,will have to look up that scene though.
D: what has poor Storm ever done to you ? or it's more of a what she hasn't done for you I guess. Everyone has their own preferences it's all cool.
I guess most of the old 70's 80's clothes would look weird as it is anyway... but a complete lack of costumes for superheroes makes it feel like something essential to the whole superhero theme is missing. Captain America's full blue body suit was probably the hardest thing to translate into the Live action I suppose in the animate Version he has that navy blueish costume practically wearing the flag itself. But they did ok on that part by making his uniform a variation of combat gear.

Mask's ears... That's where his wild haircut is stored... at-least that is what I always believed ever since I was a kid. You gotta check out that post credits scene eventually the Outfit seemed a perfect rendition of the classic Wolverine... best part is it doesn't look like shit... does look a bit uncomfortable though ... who knows... Deadpool might finally get his wish to make him cameo into one of his movies ?

Thankfully she wont...can that girl do anything but scream?
She was easily the worst Sarah Connor out of the three(though that is partly to blame on Genesys being a shitshow in its own regards).

In Evolution?No and even in the comics it was in constant retcon limbo(dunno what the state of canon is these days,Wolverine just came back from the dead I think?).
I am starting to think Bad Directing is at the core of a lot of Bad Acting...the greatest directors drove actors insane with retakes... heck Jackie chan normally does like a 10-100 retakes of every other scene... but that dude is crazy.

Last I heard Wolverine was an Adamantium statue or something haven't kept up with the comics. He needs to come back from the dead in the fucking movies... They could do it if they wanted... you know with time the poison from the additives to the food they were adding to neuter mutants just burns away over time and his healing factor regains its full power again... he could rise from the grave... if the movie makes and the actor agree on it.

Hah yeah the old folder-in-folder trick. xD
Funny how pretty much everyone comes up with that very same tricks.

Eh shapeshifters dont imitate personality so its kinda pointless(I suppose Mystique would be able to pull it off to some degree but not really the same).
Its the utilitarian option that makes waifu´s everywhere sad.
Yeah Folder in folder... Shared consciousness of horny teens ? they are all connected via a mind link ?

I do once again disagree sir... it would heavily depend on a persons acting abilities and what kinda shifter it is... some things not just transform into another person physically but also biologically and even take on personality traits of their targets. Mystique is not one of those types but Yes a good Shapeshifter could imitate the personality and mannerisms of the person he/she transforms into if they are a good actor ... so yeah Not Jennifer Lawrence XD
besides some physical traits would become necessary by the physical limitations of the bodies you transformed into... Don't wanna go into the physics of it all and start discussing conservation of mass now.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Well fellas (Saraf and Acez),here's something to look forward to:Cybernetic "companions".With the rapid development in A.I I wouldn't be surprised if in,let's say,20-30 years we could have a real-life Mystique or whoever your pants desire.Personally,I'm looking forward to all of the controversies that people will come up with.I've already prepared my cola and popcorn.
Bwaha Im not even sure Im still around in 20-30 years but even then I doubt it.
Maybe 50,followed by Skynet eliminating humanity with a bunch of sexbots(there are worse ways to go I suppose).

Oh Sorry... ya Thicc starfire ... allowed my imagination to run wild for a moment there... she looks good as she is slender but not skinny just the right amount of meat on the bones... keep picturing the old 80s version... the newer teen titans are just childish looking so none of her old appeal in there. the Animated ones not the Live action TV Series... don't even watch any of the Animated Teen titans anymore... and Starfire is not in the Young Justice series... atleast so far. No wonder that poor Nightwing looks sorta out of place with Oracle.
Hm dont think I remember Starfire ever being potrayed as really skinny,always more on the healthy if not athletic side(outside of highly stylized depictions like that 2000´s TV show).
Something Unlimited actually did a rather good job with it(as well as making her a fun character instead of just another slave heh).

D: what has poor Storm ever done to you ? or it's more of a what she hasn't done for you I guess. Everyone has their own preferences it's all cool.
Less the fault of Storm and more of the 90´s show localization team.
Over here they gave her a rather old sounding voice and in combination with her(back then anyway)trademark of going on about nature like an old crook so I formed that prejudice in my head of her being a granny.
Never really could get rid of that.

I guess most of the old 70's 80's clothes would look weird as it is anyway... but a complete lack of costumes for superheroes makes it feel like something essential to the whole superhero theme is missing. Captain America's full blue body suit was probably the hardest thing to translate into the Live action I suppose in the animate Version he has that navy blueish costume practically wearing the flag itself. But they did ok on that part by making his uniform a variation of combat gear.
Well they modernized Cap´s costume quite a bit as well and its far from the hardest to translate(like all those hero disco outfights from the 70´s would be,or 80´s tendencies to spikes and ridiculous shoulderpads).Outside of its garrish color scheme its actually rather mundane.
Though I completely agree that a costume is a must for most.

Mask's ears... That's where his wild haircut is stored... at-least that is what I always believed ever since I was a kid. You gotta check out that post credits scene eventually the Outfit seemed a perfect rendition of the classic Wolverine... best part is it doesn't look like shit... does look a bit uncomfortable though ... who knows... Deadpool might finally get his wish to make him cameo into one of his movies ?
Looking at the patterns on the gloves that outfit wouldnt have been particularly close to the original either(probably more along the lines of Cap´s revised costume).
Its really hard to say how it would have looked without Jackman actually donning it and seeing it in motion.

Last I heard Wolverine was an Adamantium statue or something haven't kept up with the comics. He needs to come back from the dead in the fucking movies... They could do it if they wanted... you know with time the poison from the additives to the food they were adding to neuter mutants just burns away over time and his healing factor regains its full power again... he could rise from the grave... if the movie makes and the actor agree on it.
Yeah,last I heard the statue was broken and Logan started doing camoe´s in other comics twirrling around one of the infinity stone.
Since the whole thing came on the tails of X-23 donning Wolverines costume though(dont even get me started on how wrong that is)I pretty much lost interest and couldnt even be bothered to read summaries anymore.
I dont think Logan plays in the same universe as the X-men movies so technically he should still be around(I think...possibly...look here the whole thing got a neat and well deserved ending with Future past but then they had to go and fuck it up with Apocolypse again so I have no clue whats canon anymore).

Yeah Folder in folder... Shared consciousness of horny teens ? they are all connected via a mind link ?
Probably,kinda like how fire turned up I suppose =P

I do once again disagree sir... it would heavily depend on a persons acting abilities and what kinda shifter it is... some things not just transform into another person physically but also biologically and even take on personality traits of their targets. Mystique is not one of those types but Yes a good Shapeshifter could imitate the personality and mannerisms of the person he/she transforms into if they are a good actor ... so yeah Not Jennifer Lawrence XD
besides some physical traits would become necessary by the physical limitations of the bodies you transformed into... Don't wanna go into the physics of it all and start discussing conservation of mass now.
That we will keep disagreeing on.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Bwaha Im not even sure Im still around in 20-30 years but even then I doubt it.
Maybe 50,followed by Skynet eliminating humanity with a bunch of sexbots(there are worse ways to go I suppose).

Hm dont think I remember Starfire ever being potrayed as really skinny,always more on the healthy if not athletic side(outside of highly stylized depictions like that 2000´s TV show).
Something Unlimited actually did a rather good job with it(as well as making her a fun character instead of just another slave heh).
If one must die... dying old while jizzing from being serviced too well by a scientifically perfected orgasm inducing hot robot chick sounds like the most favorable way to go... I want her to collect that jizz and cradle it while weeping her artificially augmented tears for her master.

Well In my defense I am Old as we established earlier and second, English is my third language so sometimes I forget the exact words I am looking for and substitute them, what I meant When I said skinny was she is in that sweet spot/zone where she isn't chubby or toned or skinny/boney but looks ummm soft ? with just the right amount of meat on the bones. Though if you look at the new teen titans art style those kids are practically colorful stick figures.
Another character with similar allure as Starfire would be that brazilian(I think) girl, called Fire. the one that burns green.
What a coincidence... when I started reading your response on starfire I was wondering in the back of my head "how come we haven't discussed Something Unlimited ?" it's basically Oni's level of art version of DC characters, though it updates more often... thankfully.

Less the fault of Storm and more of the 90´s show localization team.
Over here they gave her a rather old sounding voice and in combination with her(back then anyway)trademark of going on about nature like an old crook so I formed that prejudice in my head of her being a granny.
Never really could get rid of that.

Well they modernized Cap´s costume quite a bit as well and its far from the hardest to translate(like all those hero disco outfights from the 70´s would be,or 80´s tendencies to spikes and ridiculous shoulderpads).Outside of its garrish color scheme its actually rather mundane.
Though I completely agree that a costume is a must for most.
... Storm looks like a Granny ? ... mature sounding voice - check, White/gray/silver hair - check, White eyes like an old lady with cataract when she powers up - check ... Awww damnit... you ruined it... 8/10 GILF confirmed would still bang... hah Perv armor protected me Storm from being ruined for me. Ya back then If I thought she looked like a granny I wouldn't be into her at all either ... my tolerance for ol... eh mature women only came with ate and exposure to the freaky depths of the internet... it's sorta like mutation.

Yeah they are getting better at better with executing superhero costumes properly in movies. You are right many of the old costumes would look absolutely ridiculous if they just copy pasted them onto heroes today.

Looking at the patterns on the gloves that outfit wouldnt have been particularly close to the original either(probably more along the lines of Cap´s revised costume).
Its really hard to say how it would have looked without Jackman actually donning it and seeing it in motion.
Yeah those little metal slots the blades came out of originally ... I was looking for those too lol ... and very True... can't say how the final thing would have looked on him... I am sure they would have had to CGI some stuff in definitely ... like the super hairy arms of Classic logan lol ... Sabertooth wasn't the only hairy dude around. there are images of this suit I remember seeing it from the top-down view it looked pretty close. At-least closest as we would have gotten for now.

Yeah,last I heard the statue was broken and Logan started doing camoe´s in other comics twirrling around one of the infinity stone.
Since the whole thing came on the tails of X-23 donning Wolverines costume though(dont even get me started on how wrong that is)I pretty much lost interest and couldnt even be bothered to read summaries anymore.
I dont think Logan plays in the same universe as the X-men movies so technically he should still be around(I think...possibly...look here the whole thing got a neat and well deserved ending with Future past but then they had to go and fuck it up with Apocolypse again so I have no clue whats canon anymore).
That's heavy... walking about playing with an infinity stone... but good on him old boy is out and about getting some exercise.
Yeah I heard about that too... her wearing his costume and everything I was pretty Meh about it too.
You got a lot of ammunition there with the Apocalypse movie... where to even start... Psylocke at-least looked easy on the eyes. Young storm was cute with her lil punk hairstyle don't wanna ruin my buzz by discussing all the shit took me a big ass bottle to get this buzz ain't letting these damn youngsters ruin it lol ... Jean Grey needs to make her way out of that clusterfuck and go back to Winterfel to take more acting classes...is all I am gonna say.
It's a face... People uses it to convey their feeeeeeelings lady.
Probably,kinda like how fire turned up I suppose =P

That we will keep disagreeing on.
Exactly... Cavemen needed to stop being scared of the dark so they could take care of their horniness lol and so perverts found a way ! lol

As for the last bit I guess we will have to.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
@Z-Wave Played the game. Like it so far. But could there be more action please?
I know, wrong place to text this. But Oni's hard at work so Demon won't see this...hopefully.
I feel like a child who just stole a cookie and have crumbs on my face. :p

Reactions: Zeca Suez
Jan 9, 2018

Hey guys, coming into the home stretch here. I've got almost all the art done for the next build, and almost all the coding I intend to do, all that's left is the handjob and blowjob animations, which hopefully won't take forever to work out. That leads into the topic of today's post, Renpy's ATL animation system.

I kind of hate this system. It's a real pain in the ass to work with. You can't really see the results of what you're doing without reloading the game, so a lot of the process is trial and error of "did this number change alter the animation how I wanted? Reload, wait ten seconds or so, see. . . no, ok, how about this change? . . over and over. :D

I'll start with the easy stuff though. "anchor (x,y)" defines where the "hook" for the image is. This defaults to the top left corner of an image, and all movement of the image is relative to this point. This means that by default, if you just drop an object into the world, its top left corner will be at the top left of the stage. You can move this anchor point, either by using pixel numbers, "anchor (120,160)", or decimals to place it relative to the image, so "anchor (.5,.3)" will place the anchor halfway across and 1/3 of the way down the image. One good use for moving the anchor is that you can set the anchor on an image slightly above the bottom of it, and then whenever you place the image along the bottom of the stage, it will automatically leave that margin off the bottom.

"pos (x,y), xpos #, and ypos #" are used to move the image around, relative to that anchor point. Like with anchor, you can use pixel placement, or relative placement, depending on the result you're trying to achieve. I almost always use pixel values for animations. One thing to keep in mind is that if you're using pos to define where an image is on the stage, then the pos values will be relative to the top left of the stage, so pos (300,500) will be 300 right and 500 down from the top. This can get a little confusing in that raising the y value makes the object move down the screen.

It's also important to consider that when you layer images, like I often do in my animations, the pos values you use may instead be relative to their position within the new image, rather than relative to the stage. For example, if the main image you're laying down is at location (500,500) relative to the stage, and then an image contained inside that larger image (which we'll get into later) has a pos value of (100,100), then that value will be relative to the anchor point of the larger image, not relative to the stage. That means that it will end up at the position (100,100) pixels away from the anchor of the image, or (600,600) relative to the stage.

"align" can be useful for simple things, like UI, but is a bad fit for actual animation. What it does is combine both anchor and pos, which is good for centering things, for, say, locking a UI element to a particular place on the stage, but I find that any time you aren't centering something, the results are too unpredictable. Better to just fix an anchor and then use pos to move around it.

"offset (x,y), xoffset #, and yoffset #" can be a bit tricky as well. Like pos, they move the image around, but they actually move the image relative to its own anchor point. basically if you do xoffset 50, and its anchor point is (.5,.5), then it will move the image 50 pixels to the right. Functionally, this doesn't mean much more than pos, but in practice you can do some tricks with it. For example, this allows you to choose to establish either pos or offset as a fixed state, and then use the other one to move around that point. In some image layering techniques, the pos or offset values might end up "locked" to a higher layer of the image, so that even if you try to change the smaller part's pos values, it refuses to move. In these cases, adjusting the offset instead can allow it to move. It's basically like having two different options to achieve similar results, so it's important to keep them both in mind.

Those are just some basic elements, and I'll get into some more stuff in the next update. The actual game release should also come relatively soon, maybe next week, or even late in this one if testing runs smoothly.

Oh, and if you were wondering about that post last week, it was just a preview of some of the art from the next build, I wanted to get a little feedback on it and also send a little extra reward toward the $3+ patrons, which I really don't do as much as I should. If you haven't seen it, don't worry, you'll get it in the game soon enough.

Aurelius

Feb 4, 2017
Does he not realize his code is kind of...shit? Like some coding assistance would almost certainly make the product better, more than a background artist or a writer at this point. Especially considering every build comes with 10 bug fix patches.

texxy

Aug 19, 2017
Does he not realize his code is kind of...shit? Like some coding assistance would almost certainly make the product better, more than a background artist or a writer at this point. Especially considering every build comes with 10 bug fix patches.
Hired help = Less money.

Reactions: Aurelius

Shiny Milotic

Sep 4, 2016
Ok, so for Oni standards, "coming into the home stretch" usually means, what... 2 months?
I really like this game, and hell I get it for free, I have no right to complain. But wow, aren't his patrons mad?

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Anyone got a save at least after unlock Emma and Kitty ? I don't want to do everything for the fifth time lol

rickpool98

Dec 11, 2017
yeah plus the fact that hes willing to work and learn to be better at coding his game is something.

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
Ok, so for Oni standards, "coming into the home stretch" usually means, what... 2 months?
I really like this game, and hell I get it from free, I have no right to complain. But wow, aren't his patrons mad?
As someone who does Patron him, tbh I often ask myself why. I do expect better quite a bit. I like what he's doing. I know he puts up with a lot of stupid shit. But, I don't buy it for a second with how much he's raising that nobody wants a piece, and are not available to help push more content out and improve coding. I don't think he's actually looking. That's why he's like "Hey guys just send people my way." Like you've been saying this for months, how have you not found a single person yourself? Imo the more money I raise for a game, the more I'd be aiming to try and go even beyond what I was already capable of doing before I was making that much to begin with.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
As someone who does Patron him, tbh I often ask myself why. I do expect better quite a bit. I like what he's doing. I know he puts up with a lot of stupid shit. But, I don't buy it for a second with how much he's raising that nobody wants a piece, and are not available to help push more content out and improve coding. I don't think he's actually looking. That's why he's like "Hey guys just send people my way." Like you've been saying this for months, how have you not found a single person yourself? Imo the more money I raise for a game, the more I'd be aiming to try and go even beyond what I was already capable of doing before I was making that much to begin with.
Maybe try conventing SirenDomain for help with coding. You know the maker of Town of Passion and Zombie's Retreat. But then again Siren may be too busy.

Aurelius

Feb 4, 2017
All seriousness. The game's good. Could the code be better. Yeah. Is anyone else trying to actively learn to code to help him. Well...
Yeah people have asked to help him code before and were turned away. I understand it is a learning experience for him and he wants to see what he can do, but as much as I love the game he could definitely benefit from taking some help and delegating more than he is. If it were more polished and if he would focus on one character at a time before adding in more than this would be a much more consistent and (probably) profitable game.

4.40 star(s) 145 Votes