AlliebuttDK

Jun 8, 2021
I too find the newer iteration's premise far less interesting. But personal opinion aside, check out Tale of Tali if you wanna see what the new iteration has to offer.
Oh yeah, it's by no means a bad game as it is now from what little I've played of it. But I played it originally for the real world transformation content, so I just can't get into Tale of Tali at all now, now that I know what I'll be missing out on with the exclusion of the 'real' world content that is no longer in the game.

Reactions: Jeffe0914
Jul 11, 2019
Me I just find the premise a hell of a lot less engaging, unique and lacking compared to Roll the Dice. Take the opinion with a grain of salt since Tale of Tali is still in a super early stage, but:

-It takes the setting and makes it a generic fantasy world we've seen a few hundred times over. In the process there's also less variation between the fantasy world we engage in and the real world which reflects upon the main story, if you will.

-It wipes all the existing character relationships that was part of the charm and selling point to make the group work and the way they get together now feels sorta contrived.

-No MtF element anymore which is part of what drew me into the game in the first place. In the process we lose a lot of the MC's awkwardness, exploration and the story potential of embracing or rejecting the changes to try and live up to either image, and subsequent reactions either way from the group of friends, DM and the very lifelike NPCs alike. Though ToT does have the option of becoming a futa which I suppose could touch on similar notes, albeit likely to a lesser (and for me personally less appealing) extent.

-There was more of a feel of you sorta inventing or creating your own story in the world rather than opening up in a set role with set characters, like playing in a tabletop game with a character sheet has. It could go in many places, take many forms. ToT feels comparatively limited with the choices of "non futa with an ugly bf you're forced to marry or futa with a gf who doesn't really give a shit about you" as your beginnings before you launch yourself into the main story.

-The lack of a DM removes some of the meta elements that was lurking in the skies where anything could happen, there was a voice you could talk to and reason with, and a very human yet storyteller-focused mind watching and plotting the story and characters alike which I found very engaging. I liked the feeling of "she's up there and she has a plan, but she may also make stuff happen for the hell of it or be taken aback by the player party derailing her plans and we can watch how she makes do" that RtD had. Maybe you could pick up on the story notes she was going for along the way, take notes of clichés or the likes and go along or against them? Maybe talk to her to set up specific scenarios based on player desires?

I'll give ToT a chance when it advances a bit further and has gotten past the intro, but you can get an idea of why I'm a lot less enthused about it than I was about RtD and it'll be an uphill battle for ToT to win me over. If it does, great. It it doesn't, then I'm just not the target audience and that's fine. Hope the crowd that are will come out richer from the experience.

ANON-IDK

Dec 28, 2020
Me I just find the premise a hell of a lot less engaging, unique and lacking compared to Roll the Dice. Take the opinion with a grain of salt since Tale of Tali is still in a super early stage, but:

-It takes the setting and makes it a generic fantasy world we've seen a few hundred times over. In the process there's also less variation between the fantasy world we engage in and the real world which reflects upon the main story, if you will.

-It wipes all the existing character relationships that was part of the charm and selling point to make the group work and the way they get together now feels sorta contrived.

-No MtF element anymore which is part of what drew me into the game in the first place. In the process we lose a lot of the MC's awkwardness, exploration and the story potential of embracing or rejecting the changes to try and live up to either image, and subsequent reactions either way from the group of friends, DM and the very lifelike NPCs alike. Though ToT does have the option of becoming a futa which I suppose could touch on similar notes, albeit likely to a lesser (and for me personally less appealing) extent.

-There was more of a feel of you sorta inventing or creating your own story in the world rather than opening up in a set role with set characters, like playing in a tabletop game with a character sheet has. It could go in many places, take many forms. ToT feels comparatively limited with the choices of "non futa with an ugly bf you're forced to marry or futa with a gf who doesn't really give a shit about you" as your beginnings before you launch yourself into the main story.

-The lack of a DM removes some of the meta elements that was lurking in the skies where anything could happen, there was a voice you could talk to and reason with, and a very human yet storyteller-focused mind watching and plotting the story and characters alike which I found very engaging. I liked the feeling of "she's up there and she has a plan, but she may also make stuff happen for the hell of it or be taken aback by the player party derailing her plans and we can watch how she makes do" that RtD had. Maybe you could pick up on the story notes she was going for along the way, take notes of clichés or the likes and go along or against them? Maybe talk to her to set up specific scenarios based on player desires?

I'll give ToT a chance when it advances a bit further and has gotten past the intro, but you can get an idea of why I'm a lot less enthused about it than I was about RtD and it'll be an uphill battle for ToT to win me over. If it does, great. It it doesn't, then I'm just not the target audience and that's fine. Hope the crowd that are will come out richer from the experience.
The developer announced that they will be adding a male start to his new game, so there will likely be gender-bending. The problem is that they announced it on their discord far back in his announcement tab on a link to a youtube video that was hidden in that youtube video. The new game was on hold for a while due to them and their family being affected by the war in Ukraine. They said they will be in Ukraine until the latter half of January with the inability to use the internet or their phone. So it is basically on hold.

GrimmShade

Aug 13, 2018
I wonder if the creator would be okay with someone else picking up the game and continuing this.

Feb 1, 2018
I am surprised that it took me this long to find out that this game is dead. Or at least a variation of it is dead. But it took this long for a response? Color me surprised. Still, if there is an idea for this game to carry on in its own variation, I will gladly play it.

Fakecrash

May 26, 2017
i really liked this game sadpepe.jpg
about other people countinuing the game that's a stretch almost never works.

OhMeGaGameStudio

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2020
I am surprised that it took me this long to find out that this game is dead. Or at least a variation of it is dead. But it took this long for a response? Color me surprised. Still, if there is an idea for this game to carry on in its own variation, I will gladly play it.
I wasn't really following this forum as both my games were effectively abandoned, but as I'm working on my next project now I will probably be a bit more active soon.

i really liked this game sadpepe.jpg
about other people countinuing the game that's a stretch almost never works.
Yeah as I said I've had a few people PM me about it but it never goes anywhere.

Reactions: Fakecrash

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
Version 0.2.1 (the final version) was just posted on tfgamessite. a mega link to it.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
I wasn't really following this forum as both my games were effectively abandoned, but as I'm working on my next project now I will probably be a bit more active soon.

Yeah as I said I've had a few people PM me about it but it never goes anywhere.
Can you tell us the Name of your new game so we look for it in the future?

Jul 11, 2019
As far as I know, and let people correct me if I'm wrong, when Roll the Dice was canned, Tale of Tali became the new focus, and the project went from getting a preview version out to later developing upon that one to address some criticisms and try and piff it up a bit to increase excitement; and it's been fairly silent since. If OhMeGa has moved on from Tale of Tali to a new thing then I don't know about it. Mind you, I'm a casual observer.

Reactions: Melmoth99
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes