Daz Rookie Daz Help - Organization & Clutter: Lots of files in the Lost and Found

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I am just starting to play around with Daz, and have downloaded a significant amount from the Resources thread here at F95.

I use the Daz install manager (for files that seem to be set up to import that way) or just copy/paste into the respective library folders.....

That being said... I got a ton of "orphans" or at least, a LOT of stuff in Daz's lost and found folder. I don't want to poke around too much under the hood as I really don't know what I am doing, but it seems that when I click on something in the lost and found (say a Hair Style, Character, or Prop) inevitably, it seems to have found its way into the RUNTIME/LIBRARY folder.

I am assuming that the folks that put together the assests knew what they were doing.... (cause I certainly don't), but should all that stuff stay in lost and found? Or should I manually move the items out?

Or, does having 1200 items in Lost and found is the way it all works?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
As far as I know it's stuff that has incorrect meta data, or is not categorized properly. I use the content library tab not the smart content so 5 minutes ago was the second time I have ever looked in the lost and found. Unless you are more OCD than me I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Ernie