Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Overview:
This mod provides an in-game walkthrough for CeLaVie Group's Room For Rent.
Tired of endlessly clicking on rooms hoping for something to happen? Can't find a missing event? Then this mod is for you!
It adds color coding to the menu choices, indicating good and bad choices,
simplifying finding all the events needed to complete each version of the game.

Warning:
This mod has been tested only up to and including V16 of the game.
You can try it with newer versions, but you should keep a save at the end of the V16 content
just in case the mod causes problems.

This mod has only been tested under Windows. Some have reported it also works with Macs.​

Updated: 2020-12-05
Game/Creator: Room For Rent / CeLaVie Group
Modder: NightTrain
Mod Version: v1.16.2
Game Version: 16.0a Beta
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Removal:

Change-Log:

Developer's Notes:

Last edited:

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
after a certain time the game crashes after uninstalling the walkthrough the game is fine. Crash always happens around 16:00 ingame time earlier on the day it's fine. Here is the log

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 10, in execute
    screen choice(items):
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 10, in execute
    screen choice(items):
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 13, in execute
    if walkthroughEnabled:
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 14, in execute
    $ walkthrough(items, *renpy.get_filename_line());
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 14, in <module>
    $ walkthrough(items, *renpy.get_filename_line());
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 233, in evalChoices
    evalState(state, variables);
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 453, in evalState
    and state.variables['nakedmaid == 0']):
KeyError: 'nakedmaid == 0'

Reactions: NightTrain

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
after a certain time the game crashes after uninstalling the walkthrough the game is fine. Crash always happens around 16:00 ingame time earlier on the day it's fine. Here is the log

Code:
  File "game/walkthrough.rpy", line 453, in evalState
    and state.variables['nakedmaid == 0']):
KeyError: 'nakedmaid == 0'
Same here...
Thanks for reporting this to me. Temporary brain damage (hopefully just temporary). I've updated the mod to fix this problem. There will probably be more, and I really hope you continue using the mod to help me find them.

Reactions: BlueCosmo

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thanks for that really great mod!!You made this game fun to play,it would be impossible to finish without it!!!!!
I'm glad to hear somebody is finding it useful. I've spent the last two weeks working on the mod and haven't really had time to play the game yet. And when I do "play", it's just to test if the mod is working properly, and sometimes end up replaying the same scene several times in a row until I find the bugs. So, it's kinda killed the game for me.

D

Deleted member 1921707

The walkthrough definitely doesn't work for version 10.0
Guess I will have to use a walkthrough from Lukemoide I downloaded
from CeLaVie's patreon site or the old one from the F95 page on here.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
The walkthrough definitely doesn't work for version 10.0
Guess I will have to use a walkthrough from Lukemoide I downloaded
from CeLaVie's patreon site or the old one from the F95 page on here.
Thanks for letting us know.

That's too bad, though. I'm still waiting for some kind soul to upload version 10.0 to this site, and then I'll fix the walkthrough mod to handle it.

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
Havent tried the mod yet (will probably give it a go when v.10 comes) but kudos for taking the time to make it, i was thinking something like this would probably make the game much more enjoyable (Amy locator mod was not enough)

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
I'm glad to hear somebody is finding it useful. I've spent the last two weeks working on the mod and haven't really had time to play the game yet. And when I do "play", it's just to test if the mod is working properly, and sometimes end up replaying the same scene several times in a row until I find the bugs. So, it's kinda killed the game for me.
you doing a good job though, however instead of replaying and finding bugs. Just post a updated mod each time and let us plebs use it so we cn report those bugs when they occur. That way you can just keep playing the game and won't be much of a buzzkill to you =)

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
you doing a good job though, however instead of replaying and finding bugs. Just post a updated mod each time and let us plebs use it so we cn report those bugs when they occur. That way you can just keep playing the game and won't be much of a buzzkill to you =)
Thanks, I'll try to follow your advise. But, having spent more than enough time using shitty unreliable software, I hate adding to the pile of crap myself.

Reactions: dmmt

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Oh dear..you rescue my life..i was give up with play this game because of too many click and confus.
hope this mod help a lots..gotta to play that again with that damn nice mod :cool:

EDIT.
This mod make game much better and easy to play with. you make love and no war :p
thanks a lots !:love:

Last edited:

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
It seems some wrong after event 47/72. it didnt show green. so skip one hour but
then amy was sick and angry with didnt help her andsome about doc then game end!.
think this one need update. cant play continue..not just after that day..a lots days future same problem no green.
Version is Roomforrent-9_0_beta_for_USD5_members_only-win.
that start right after 47/72. check savegame here.

Last edited:

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
It seems some wrong after event 47/72. it didnt show green. so skip one hour but
then amy was sick and angry with didnt help her andsome about doc then game end!.
think this one need update. cant play continue..not just after that day..a lots days future same problem no green.
Version is Roomforrent-9_0_beta_for_USD5_members_only-win.
that start right after 47/72. check savegame here.
Yeah, I've been having a lot of problems with that part of the game. If you're feeling brave, you can the development version of the mod, attached here. I haven't finished testing it much past where you are, but it should get you through this bit. It's a lot more reliable and effective than version 1.2.1, but not fully tested.

• Wow
Reactions: Baxonius

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, I've been having a lot of problems with that part of the game. If you're feeling brave, you can the development version of the mod, attached here. I haven't finished testing it much past where you are, but it should get you through this bit. It's a lot more reliable and effective than version 1.2.1, but not fully tested.
I'm not so brave as you. :sneaky:
well not so serious one big problem just roll back before amy angry all solve. and without your mod i wouldn't play that game. so thanks you again.
will test this new update tomorrow.

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Much better now..until now..lol.
this savegame..now all just only yellow and no green anymore after evnt 62/70..maybe need update?
check out that.

Reactions: prosmoker1
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes