Unity - Completed - Room Prison [Final] [MCG]

1. 1.00 star(s)

magnaadsecia

Unplayable without a crack/patch; doesn't seem like it's worth spending the time uninstalling Steam or rolling up a VM to try it, even. If this ever gets updated with a patch, I'll consider revisiting and revising this review.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Innocience

Terrible. I'm nice when I say the dev is an absolute beginner on the coding, game design and visual front.

Highlights:
    • 7GB(!) extracted, but only three (badly layed out) rooms
    • Glorified point and click, you're supposed to find stuff in the room and combine it to solve badly designed puzzle
    • It's an asset flip if I had to guess. Even if not, it's bad that's the impression I got.
    • No settings menu to speak of, no options menu to change fullscreen (alt+enter)
    • No volume control for a terribly loud menu song, but otherwise no sound other than footsteps and 2 struggle moans
    • No tutorial, no game progression, only 3(!) levels
    • Initial struggle "mechanic" is you just pressing space over and over again (for not even a second long animation, which is probably just a purchasable asset anyway) - every map starts this way and is the only lewd content you'll get
    • God awfully slow movement speed
    • The way interactables are handled (the freakin main game mechanic(!)) is absolutely terrible:
      • they are not highlighted,
      • can be ridiculously small (good lucking finding the matches on low res),
      • have you scan with your mouse around the screen,
      • are distance dependent (too far away and they won't show the tooltip)
      • and they are just regular assets that blend(!) in with the rest of the scenary
    • Bog standard unity UI a.k.a. ugly but at least functional
    • Certain combined objects and combination attempts are not translated into English
    • Your reward for "escaping" is a small text message, no game progression
    • The one puzzle for room 1 I've completed was terribly executed with no hints what to do (Solution: Sort the values ascending and match it with the order of the alphabet)
    Even the worst RenPy games tend to have a vision for what the story is supposed to be, an enthusiastic idea the dev is trying to persue or at the very least it comes with some nice renders to look at. This has nothing.