Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
Can anyone provide a mirror for the 1.5d version.
Sorry, will take more than 8 hours and actually the upload speed will drop to 80kbps =/
You will have to wait for someone with less shit conection than me

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
1.6 version should be out soon. In the patch note for 1.5d on September 16 2016, Kaliyo posted "we’ve decided to release one more bugfix before we’ll release 1.6 towards the end of the month."

Reactions: Sardanapalos

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Any chance for a multi-part or gofile.io mirror? Can't download anything bigger than ~1.5GB from mega.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
You are probably using third party software, web downloads are caped at ~ 1,5GB.
For MEGA? I'm not even logged into my free account, MEGAs only cap is for free users a max 50GB storage. Are you using Firefox, because FF has problems with MEGA with files over 1GB without using their MEGA add-on (MegaSync), just use Chrome.
My download speed can go up to 5mb/s and my upload speed is generally 1-2mb/s and i've never seen any You exceeded the limit blablabla when downloading large files or even multiple part files each with large file sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: SloppyJohnson

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
For MEGA? I'm not even logged into my free account, MEGAs only cap is for free users a max 50GB storage. Are you using Firefox, because FF has problems with MEGA with files over 1GB without using their MEGA add-on (MegaSync), just use Chrome.
My download speed can go up to 5mb/s and my upload speed is generally 1-2mb/s and i've never seen any You exceeded the limit blablabla when downloading large files or even multiple part files each with large file sizes.
"To download files larger than 1 GB, please install MEGAsync or our browser extension."

P.S. This is not a browser problem, unless you use extra software the download and decryption technology they use is using the browser memory that is limited and can't be more than what you have available to the browser. Thus claims that you downloaded 9GB file from mega without additional software are not very believable because the scripts they use won't let you try it even if you had 18GB RAM in you're system.
P.P.S. Also this have nothing to do with you being logged in or the amount of space you have. But judging from you're comment I can only conclude that you have already installed some extra software that is letting you download the bigger files without even realizing it ... and no it's not browser related and I'm not using FireFox.

Last edited:

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
"To download files larger than 1 GB, please install MEGAsync or our browser extension."
I just said MEGA has problems with Firefox when trying to download anything bigger than 1GB+, it's a browser problem not MEGA problem. Just install Chrome and use it when you need to download anything big.

If you still can't after i'll upload it to somewhere else.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016

P.S. This is not a browser problem, unless you use extra software the download and decryption technology they use is using the browser memory that is limited and can't be more than what you have available to the browser. Thus claims that you downloaded 9GB file from mega without additional software are not very believable because the scripts they use won't let you try it even if you had 18GB RAM in you're system.
P.P.S. Also this have nothing to do with you being logged in or the amount of space you have. But judging from you're comment I can only conclude that you have already installed some extra software that is letting you download the bigger files without even realizing it ... and no it's not browser related and I'm not using FireFox.
Dude you do realize everyone here downloads from MEGA, usually big files like these right? I just downloaded the damn file and i'm uploading it for you, if you call me a liar i kinda don't wanna upload anymore. My god damn Chrome is vanilla without add-ons, and my Firefox does have add-ons.
Last year i uploaded nearly 300GB worth of files to my website each with around 8.9GB (right here ) so don't tell me what MEGA can and can't do cause i use it on a daily basis.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016

Here's the link next time try to not call people liars when they are trying to help you.

Reactions: Muff Diver

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
cool thanks bluedust adding to OP

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Here's the link next time try to not call people liars when they are trying to help you.
In my opinion there is a big difference between calling someone a liar and explaining to him why do you think he is wrong.
Last year i uploaded nearly 300GB worth of files to my website each with around 8.9GB (right here ) so don't tell me what MEGA can and can't do cause i use it on a daily basis.
Just because you use something doesn't mean you know how it works - . Have you tried using mega on a clean OS?

P.S. Thanks for the mirror.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
In my opinion there is a big difference between calling someone a liar and explaining to him why do you think he is wrong.

Just because you use something doesn't mean you know how it works - .

P.S. Thanks for the mirror.
Has i said, i'm using a factory install Chrome without any software to download the files, i only have 8GB RAM and i can download 10GB just fine without any special software.

"WIKI QUOTE" MEGA Chrome Extension, It was advertised as reducing loading times, improving downloading performance, and strengthening security. No were does it say it enables downloads over 1GB and i don't have it installed, i have a factory install Chrome.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 132 Votes