Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
RtS_SM_Cover1.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Rovering to Sussex
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b - RenPy 8 / Python 3.9 ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 12/07/2023
Game/Creator: Rovering to Sussex / Zargon_games & RFB
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.3.0
Game Version: Chapter 3 - v0.3.0
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (coming soon).
  • Featuring the debut of the all new dynamic FreeRoamGuide. This build showcases the most elaborate FR guide code to date offering realtime data including Current Location, Main Objectives, Optional Objectives, and Hotspot additional info. All of it changes according to the player's current progress taking into account all previous choices made.
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 12/24/2023 16:04 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
RtS SM B02a1.jpg RtS SM B02a2.jpg RtS SM B02a3.jpg RtS SM B02a4.jpg
RtS SM B02a5a.jpg RtS SM B02a5b.jpg RtS SM B02a5c.jpg RtS SM B02a5d.jpg RtS SM B01a1b.jpg RtS SM B01a1c.jpg RtS SM B01a1a.jpg
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reserved for pending FAQ

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity. New bonus feature - Scene filters by character and/or scene type available as desired.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater.
  7. SanchoFreeRoam (seen in MiniStat) dynamically provides objective, location, and status during select free roam events. Toggled On/Off in correlation with the ChoiceGuide.
  8. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). New Feature! Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  9. QM HoverMode (found in the Options screen). Additional QuickMenu customization that can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  10. HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  11. SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
  12. SanchoAutoSave (found on Save/Load Page 69). Episode/Chapter specific auto saves in one location, easily accessible by the Page menu.
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post (which is currently being drafted). I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations as necessary.

Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

Known Issues:
  • For some the player's "Traits" aren't updating in the MiniStat. I'm having issues replicating this behavior as on all of my testing systems they are changing in real time. I'll keep looking into it.
Revisions Note:
I'm looking into possibly putting all SanchoMod's into a Git access but still not confirmed. Until then titles such as this will receive ongoing updates which won't always receive posts. The exception being if the update is either Major or Critical. Otherwise it'll be considered Minor (GUI tweaks, minor guide tweaks, etc.) and will be pushed as needed. You can always refer to the OP's "Current revision" info directly above the DL links until I make a decision on Git.​
Issues fixed and currently pending next push (this listing will grow until the next mod update is uploaded):
  • ChoiceGuide - Added missing key when meeting Anne and choosing "Sister".
  • ChoiceGuide - Changed key in Peter/Charlotte "Taxes".
  • ChoiceGuide - Added missing key Cat/Chris "Walk in/Leave".
  • Dev's menu choice text coloring during certain events (quizes, fetishes) are not populating correctly with the ChoiceGuide activated. This is due to the way the mod formats choice menus itself and I'll have to figure a way to sort it out.
  • Menu choice list overlapping MiniStat and Phone during the Steve event at Stuart's Party in Ch1.

Last edited:

Qtrix

Apr 4, 2020
Hallo Sancho,

thanks for the Mod, but the game crashes with the Mod when starting.

- Init at SanchoMod/SanchoMod RoveringToSussex 010.rpyc:3282 took 5.55847 s.
Running init code took 5.64s

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hallo Sancho,

thanks for the Mod, but the game crashes with the Mod when starting.

- Init at SanchoMod/SanchoMod RoveringToSussex 010.rpyc:3282 took 5.55847 s.
Running init code took 5.64s
My apologies for the delayed response. This thread was awaiting approval for public viewing overnight (typical with new threads) so I crashed and just now woke up. I fubar'd and put the mod for v0.1.0 in the link instead of the proper v0.1.1

It's all sorted. Please re-download and install. I've tested on 3 bench systems while chugging my first cup of coffee and it's solid. Regards.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
The only big complaint I had about this game was about the unclear choices and related consequences. This mod is a literal game-changer for me. Thank you very much for your outstanding work! ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The only big complaint I had about this game was about the unclear choices and related consequences. This mod is a literal game-changer for me. Thank you very much for your outstanding work! ;)
Thank you for the kind words. Note that there's only so much I can do with the mod since I don't have all the files cracked yet (due to RenPy v8). It'll get better in the future as I'll be able to further fleshout notice of consequences, warnings, split scenes, proper cheats, etc. This was a beast to mod even though the initial story length seems short. It's one of the more brilliantly coded VN's I've had the luxury of working on in a very long time. Devs that know code... who would have thought :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Elhemeer and darlic

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (critical)

Links in OP updated.

Changlelog:
  • Fix exception error before Wk2 "Fantasy" LI selection (when choosing "masturbate")
  • ChoiceGuide - Added missing key when meeting Anne and choosing "Sister".
  • ChoiceGuide - Changed key in Peter/Charlotte "Taxes".
  • ChoiceGuide - Added missing key Cat/Chris "Walk in/Leave".

Last edited:
Reactions: darlic

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Post #2 here updated with "Known Issues", "Revisions Note", and "Issues fixed pending push".

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Excuse me, Sancho. What do N-S, A-N, N-A mean?

View attachment 1928677
Good question and I meant to make a "legend" mini-screen at the start of the VN that explains it (note to self: you forgot to do this).

These are the MC's traits as they apply to other character's preferences. This is easiest to explain with just one example, let's choose "Anne". Anne prefers MC's "Nerdy" trait and doesn't prefer the MC's "Social" trait. So it's read like this (N - S is Nerdy good, Social bad). I put these basic formulas inside the MiniStat so I wouldn't have to constantly retype them in the ChoiceGuide and use up a mass amount of real estate space on each choice button. See where this is headed?

Into the weeds: There's three MC traits and they all effect how the other character's Relp points are calculated. This is why there a floating point system (decimal / fractions). This is due to the multiplication of the the straight relp (think +1) multiplied by the MC's trait values in a set formula of the dev's creation. This was a bit of a bitch to figure out and why some of my older posts on the VN's thread originally thought they worked differently until I caught on with a nudge from the dev.

I know it seems complicated (actually it is, overly-complicated may be a better term) but it is what it is. This is the path the dev has decided to calc relp points and likely all other point systems that will follow. This is basically a "forced dynamic point system" where every point system effects the other. You will see this reflected in the MiniStat as you make selections on not just character relp points, but also the MC's traits (such as what library books you checkout, etc.).

Pretty crazy, ain't it? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 08Hanbo

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
(actually it is, overly-complicated may be a better term)
I won't disagree. At least from the point of someone concerned with walkthroughs (writing or using them). I still like the system because I think it adds a little more depth compared to only individual relationship points. I suggest to not focus on it too much though, just go with whatever feels natural for you. Only when you really want to play a specific girl's path it might be valuable to know which trait to keep high/low.

Reactions: Elhemeer

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
Good question and I meant to make a "legend" mini-screen at the start of the VN that explains it (note to self: you forgot to do this).

These are the MC's traits as they apply to other character's preferences. This is easiest to explain with just one example, let's choose "Anne". Anne prefers MC's "Nerdy" trait and doesn't prefer the MC's "Social" trait. So it's read like this (N - S is Nerdy good, Social bad). I put these basic formulas inside the MiniStat so I wouldn't have to constantly retype them in the ChoiceGuide and use up a mass amount of real estate space on each choice button. See where this is headed?

Into the weeds: There's three MC traits and they all effect how the other character's Relp points are calculated. This is why there a floating point system (decimal / fractions). This is due to the multiplication of the the straight relp (think +1) multiplied by the MC's trait values in a set formula of the dev's creation. This was a bit of a bitch to figure out and why some of my older posts on the VN's thread originally thought they worked differently until I caught on with a nudge from the dev.

I know it seems complicated (actually it is, overly-complicated may be a better term) but it is what it is. This is the path the dev has decided to calc relp points and likely all other point systems that will follow. This is basically a "forced dynamic point system" where every point system effects the other. You will see this reflected in the MiniStat as you make selections on not just character relp points, but also the MC's traits (such as what library books you checkout, etc.).

Thank you for your explanation. You're great. This game is also very interesting haha.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you all for your understanding. It's crazy busy with all these VN updates this weekend. I'm overworked and never paid :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: pochops

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
At this rate, someone will drop UoP's Extended this weekend ...
It'll be ok. I had a head start on Rovering and I'm certain I'm done with UoP (but I still need to actually test it). I had no head start for the other VN's. I'm sorting a quicky update for BaDIK (no MiniGame cheat coding yet) so that I can jump over to this one. If I was a sloppy coder I'd have all of it done already but I can't do it, folks expect "wow" factor and it's getting harder to achieve at this point in a reasonable amount of time. But that's me nagging for no reason, I'll get back to it. Regard bud.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote