3.20 star(s) 32 Votes

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
292496675_rts_banner_top.png

Overview:

Moving to a new town is not easy. Joining a club and making friends may help, but did it have to be scouts? Well, at least this scout group has lots of hot girls! Follow us on a journey of scouting, friendship, love, and sex. These girls don't sell cookies, but play your cards right and they might be up for some nookies. Come and start Rovering to Sussex!

Thread Updated: 2023-12-22
Release Date: 2023-12-22
Developer: Zargon_games & RFB - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 3 - 0.3.0
Language: English
Other Game: Young Again
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - - -

Update only
Win/Linux (v0.2.5->v0.3.0): - - -
Mac
(v0.2.5->v0.3.0): - - -

Extras: Multi-Mod*

el kaskis thanks for the links
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

screenshot-01.png screenshot-02.png screenshot-03.png screenshot-04.png charlotte.png screenshot-05.png screenshot-06.png rachel.png catherine.png katie.png promo.png helen-lake.png vanessa.png rachel.png anne.png vanessaBed.png handsOn.png handsOn2.png

Last edited:

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
I'm very happy to present you this new project called Rovering to Sussex ( or RTS ), in which we've been working from the shadows for more than 1 year.

This game is being developed by Reflexbound (in charge of the script and code) and me (doing the visual part) and I must tell you that it's a very ambitious project, that brought us many challenges that fortunately we've been able to overcome.

In this game you're going to find very exciting features that I've never seen before in Renpy, the truth is that Reflexbound has been able to squeeze the code to the maximum.

And in terms of graphics there are also several surprises, such as having scenes with 12 characters together, something quite atypical and very tricky to do in Daz.

I'm not going to tell you anything about the story now, there will be time for that, but I just want to tell you that although it has nothing to do with Young Again, they share the spirit of "feeling good" or "wholesome" to put a kind of label on it (and of course they share the fact that there are a lot of beautiful girls).

Sagf

Jun 28, 2018
Another game, I don't know if it will be like young again that was successful for many gamers, maybe it will have kind of the same or at least some of those genres such as taboo to atract viewers or interesting topics, no idea

Last edited:
Reactions: Grelk and Yngling

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
I was wary of the cheating and multiple penetration tags. I'll see how it goes.
Don't worry, all sexual content is fully avoidable and we always ensure that with minimal spoilers, you always know pretty much exactly what kind of content to expect at which decisions.

Yes, this seems at odds with:
Sharing is caring, isn't it? :D Jokes aside, these aspects will not impact the general positive spirit of the game. Sharing and cheating content is only part of some paths, it will always be clear on from very early on where this is possible and you will always be in full control of whether you want that or pursue exclusive relationships.

without a Milf? :unsure:
We know that many of you love Anna from Young Again, but this game is not the place for a MILF, sorry. Still, it is not all just virgin teenagers.

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
We stay far away from rule 7. Also, the game is not set in England, but in a fictional environment that's culturally closer to the US. Don't think of Sussex as the English county, but more like the Simpsons' Springfield, a place that could be anywhere. There's a bunch of Sussexes around the US and other countries. It's all really just a pun on .

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
We know that many of you love Anna from Young Again, but this game is not the place for a MILF, sorry. Still, it is not all just virgin teenagers.
But scouts need some supervisor. And girl scouts need woman supervisor ;)
BTW: Peeing girl screen, isnť it from Ruby's peeing scene?

Reactions: Ara-sH

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
But scouts need some supervisor. And girl scouts need woman supervisor ;)
There is, she just probably won't fit your bill for a MILF though. Check the first chapter though, which we will release soon(tm) and find out more. To be honest, I just don't think I could write MILF content in a way that does it justice.

BTW: Peeing girl screen, isnť it from Ruby's peeing scene?
No, it isn't. This scene is with *****, one of my 13 most favorite characters from Rovering to Sussex :) But you can see that it is from Zargon, that's true.

There will be a large post with more information on the game later today, so stay tuned!

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Devlog #1 - The phone

Hello everyone! Welcome to our first devlog for Rovering to Sussex.

Introduction

Before I go into the details of today's post, let me introduce myself. My name is reflexbound (or RFB for short) and I'm the writer and programmer behind our upcoming game Rovering to Sussex. Zargon might provide you with information about the progress or preview images, but I'll be using this place to give you a more technical glimpse on the game. But fear not! This is not about programming the game, but rather about the gameplay mechanics and features that you will encounter when you play Rovering to Sussex.

The phone

This devlog is about something that you will discover right as you start a new game: The phone. It is almost always right there for you to use on the bottom right of the screen:

phone.png

Even without opening it, you already see one of its uses: It displays the current time and date. Note that the time is a hint to you around which time of day a scene is set and how far apart different scenes are. During one scene, the time usually is not updated (it might be in some longer scenes).

The apps

Now let's click the phone to open it (click the image for full size):

phone-menu.png

Not only do we get a better view at the time and date now, we also got access to nine apps that I'll discuss in more detail below. When you start a new game, some apps might not yet be usable and thus grayed-out. This is because they require you to actually get to know some people first. However, you will be able to use them very soon after.

The apps are divided into three rows of three each. We'll start with the first row. These apps give you information about the game and let you interact with it, but they are also just fun for you to use. You can only access these features through the phone.

Contacts:

Click the first icon to get a list of your contacts, i.e., all people you know. You will see their image and name. And if you got their phone number, you will also see a message icon to text with them. Of course in the game, nothing will be blurred, but I don't want to spoil the characters just yet.

contacts.png
You can click on a contact to open their details:

contact-details.png

This gives you information about their age, their physique and their relation to you (more on the latter in a future devlog). The lower part of the screen is reserved for notes about the person. These notes will appear during the game when you interact with people or get to know things about them.

Clicking the message icon next to a contact lets you text with them, but that's a topic for another devlog.

Personality AI:

The second icon on the top row is Personality AI. This will be the main topic of the next devlog, but for now just know that it is a way to check your own profile and stats.

Games:

Next up is minigames. Well, it is just one minigame for now, called Chicksaw. As the name suggests, it is a jigsaw type puzzle game. Playing this is totally optional but gives you access to some bonus images. There are five levels of increasing difficulty there and if you want to get all bonus images, you have to play all of them. In the future, we may or may not add more minigames to the phone, but the idea will always be the same: Beat the game to get access to bonus images.

Let's get to the second row of apps now. Here you will find rewards that you unlocked while playing the game. These are available from Renpy's usual menu (i.e., from the main menu or via right click) as well, but here you can access them quickly.

Replay:

The first one is your traditional replay for lewd scenes. Click the scene you're interested in and play it again. Of course you'll get an image and name for the scenes once you unlocked them.

replay.png

Using the toggle on the left, you can choose whether you want to have access to all scenes you have ever unlocked or only the scenes that you got in your current game. The buttons above let you select only scenes with certain characters.

Bonus Images:

Bonus images is just the same, but for those images you can unlock playing the minigame(s). As the name suggests, these are only images, no full scenes (i.e., no dialogue or choices).

bonus.png
Achievements

The third icon on the middle row is a page of your achievements. We'll talk in more detail about achievements in a future devlog. This page lists the ones you got (and what you had to do to get them) and each achievement has an additional image as a reward for you.

achievements.png

Coming to the bottom row of apps on your phone, you'll find some more for quick access for functions from the main menu.

Settings:

The first is your regular Renpy settings page where you can choose to play in fullscreen mode, what can be skipped pressing Ctrl and how loud the music and sound should be.

settings.png
There's a few options that you don't see everywhere though: You can choose to disable the character images next to the dialogue if you don't like them. You can also choose whether you want to get notified when your stats or relationships change as a result of your decisions. Finally, you can adjust the textbox from fully transparent to almost black for enhanced readability.

Content Settings:

This page looks empty now, but it gets filled as you progress through the game. Here you can adjust things that influence the gameplay itself. For example, you will be able to permanently opt out of some more controversial fetishes (again, more details in a later devlog).

content-settings.png
As you start the game, the only option available here is whether you want the game to give you a visual indication when someone orgasms in a lewd scene. You enable this independently for your main character and for all other characters. You can also choose whether that indication should be the screen shaking or flashing.

Save Game:

As it implies, the last button on your phone takes you directly to the save screen (which has some special features that we will talk about in a later devlog).

With this, we've come to the end of this first devlog. We hope you like the phone as your central way to access different features of the game.

See you next time!
RFB

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Devlog #2 - Personality

Welcome back everybody! It's RFB again with another devlog for our upcoming game Rovering to Sussex. Today we'll have a look at how to shape your main character's personality.

But before we dive in, I want to clarify what kind of game Rovering to Sussex is. From last week's devlog, and maybe even more from this one, some of you might think it is a sandbox game. Let me be very clear that it isn't. There is no repeated grinding of the same scenes over and over to increase some values so that you can finally advance individual paths of a loose story.
Instead, Rovering to Sussex is a visual novel with lots of choice. There is one story that you follow as you play the game, but you can often choose whether you want to see some scene or or not. Sometimes you have to choose between different alternatives. In some scenes you can decide whom to talk to, what questions to ask and what answers to give.
And whatever you choose, the game will remember it and change based on what you know and don't know yet or how the different characters see you. We hope that this makes it interesting to play the game over and over again as there will always be something new to discover as you check out different paths.

Now that this is out of the way, back to today's topic. Your character's personality is one of those ways how the game remembers what you decided and changes how different characters see you:

Traits

In Rovering to Sussex, the personality of your main character is defined by three traits:

- Athletic: This represents your character's interest in sports and fitness. You'll gain it for example by going to the gym or doing tasks that involve more manual labor.
- Social: This is about being open and talkative, but also about appearances. You'll gain it, e.g., by talking to people and you can lose it if you are a bad friend.
- Nerdy: The last one is about theoretic knowledge and can be gained for example in quizzes or when discussing nerdy stuff.

As with most choices you can make in the game, there is no right or wrong here, just pick what you like and see how it plays out.

Personality AI

The way you see the current state of your traits is the *Personality AI* app. It shows your personality as a point in the triangle between the three different traits:

personality-ai.png
As this presentation suggests, the three traits are mutually exclusive, so you can't have high (or low) values in all of them, but every gain in one trait will lose you some points in the other two and vice versa. If you want to reap the benefits of different traits, you may have to consider your actions very carefully, especially since decisions later in the game won't much the needle much (there is no distinction between decisions earlier or later, but after you've taken ten nerdy decisions, going to the gym once won't suddenly make you athletic).
The triangle also rotates to always keep your top trait on top to make it easier to see what you are doing.

The "Your Profile" button in the app takes you to a screen similar to the contact info presented in the first devlog so you can get some information about your own character:

character-profile.png
It is pretty empty right now, but as you play, it will fill with more details of what you experienced and some of the choices you made.

Effects

So, why should you care? How does your personality affect the game?

First of all, there will sometimes be minor variations in the dialogue or thoughts depending on your traits. This doesn't affect gameplay much, but adds some touches to make your character feel more realistic and improve your immersion.

Second, a high enough value in some trait may give you additional benefits or options during the game. A nerdy character might get hints for quizzes, an athletic one might have an easier time with some manual tasks and a social one might have a better pick-up line for you to chose.

The final and probably most important effect of your personality is that each of the other characters you encounter will see you differently depending on your traits. We'll talk more about the details of relationships and how they are affected by your traits in the next devlog though so stay tuned.

See you next time!
RFB

Reactions: Yngling and sava75

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Devlog #2 - Personality

Effects

So, why should you care? How does your personality affect the game?

First of all, there will sometimes be minor variations in the dialogue or thoughts depending on your traits. This doesn't affect gameplay much, but adds some touches to make your character feel more realistic and improve your immersion.

Second, a high enough value in some trait may give you additional benefits or options during the game. A nerdy character might get hints for quizzes, an athletic one might have an easier time with some manual tasks and a social one might have a better pick-up line for you to chose.

The final and probably most important effect of your personality is that each of the other characters you encounter will see you differently depending on your traits. We'll talk more about the details of relationships and how they are affected by your traits in the next devlog though so stay tuned.

See you next time!
RFB
I'm curious to see how you will balance this between allowing people to play the type of character they want versus forcing people to play a specific way to see as much content as possible. Often having traits that block content doesn't encourage role play but instead encourages everyone to use a walkthrough or cheat and play the game like a massive headache balancing act, so they don't miss anything, miss as little as possible, or even just don't miss the girl they like the best while still playing the character the way they want. It can also run afoul of making love interests seem shallow and vapid if these traits are key to the relationship with them. If it seems like no matter how nice I am or how much time I spend with a girl, but I just didn't go to the gym enough then well, she's too shallow to see past that and still give the MC a chance... depending on the character's ages it can feel forced and unrealistic.

These systems often strike me as odd too, because I run a D&D group and my most consistent player for the last fifteen years is an extroverted, former college football star. He's a social athletic nerd and would likely be one point away from flipping a triangle in every conversation if he was the MC.

The game college kings has a system with three traits and nothing feels worse than missing out a girl you like because you, for example, weren't enough of a jerk in another moment to a different girl, so your numbers are just off a little bit. In that game just not being a jerk skews the points towards loyal and you miss out on any girls that wants you to be popular, for example, even though can have made all the right choices when talking to them for them to see you in a positive light. Conversations with other characters can prevent relationships, its odd.

Your system seems a bit more nuanced and reasonable, even at face value, than that one and you obviously haven't said how it will affect relationships, but the worry is still there. I'd hate to miss a girl because I had one extra point in nerd over athletic, because while talking to a different girl earlier I got a nerd point because I didn't tell her that D&D was dumb or something like that. Basically, often, these types of system can feel like they are punishing role playing instead of rewarding it. You can feel like you are missing out on two-thirds of the content instead of unlocking one-third of it. Especially if you learn that part of that two-thirds of content you missed was what you wanted to see the most, but you just didn't know the right formula to get there.

I know I'm operating from a lack of information so most of what I have said might have no bearing at all and could be way off base. I guess what I'm getting at is that I think it would be great to see the traits affect dialogs and monologs and maybe even the way a scene plays out in some ways, but I hope that this system never locks out content with a character.

I am really interested in how you will handle all this and Young Again is one of my favorite games out there. Ruby is one of my favorite love interests in any game. I wish you guys all the best and will be keeping an eye on this one.

Good luck!

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
JoeTheMC84 Thank you for your input, it's a longer post than my devlog! I hear your concerns, but without spoiling too much of future devlogs and the game, I hope we found a good way to balance this. Like you said, traits will not simply lock you out of pursuing one character, they will only make it a little easier or harder. Also, if you don't pay much attention to this system, you will most likely stay in the very neutral center, where it won't help you much, but also don't hurt you much. You might lock yourself out of some characters pretty much only if you really push towards one

Reactions: JoeTheMC84
3.20 star(s) 32 Votes