Ren'Py .RPA problems

narogahl

Dec 28, 2018
Hello
I don't know if this is the forum for this question, but I try. Now days some games update are downloaded as an .rpa- file but I have no knowledge of how to use that kind of file. Please tell me how to do it!

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If your goal is to modify renpy games you need to RPA files first.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
If it's an update only release, then you need to have the older version of the game already downloaded and extracted, then drop the new rpa file into the game-name-v1.0/game/ folder.

narogahl

Dec 28, 2018
If it's an update only release, then you need to have the older version of the game already downloaded and extracted, then drop the new rpa file into the game-name-v1.0/game/ folder.
I see what you are writing but I'm lightyears behind you concerning data knowledge. If I download a game in zip format, I unpack it and run the game. Easy enough. BUT suddenly there there comes some sort of update in rpa form and I haven't got a clue what to do with it. That's my problem!

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I see what you are writing but I'm lightyears behind you concerning data knowledge. If I download a game in zip format, I unpack it and run the game. Easy enough. BUT suddenly there there comes some sort of update in rpa form and I haven't got a clue what to do with it. That's my problem!
  1. Make sure the game is closed.
  2. In the same folder as what you double click on to launch the game, there are 3 folders called 'game', 'lib', and 'renpy'.
  3. Open the 'game' folder and move the .rpa file into there, overwriting any file if prompted.
  4. Go 'back' one level to the original folder where you launch the game.
  5. Double click to launch again.

narogahl

Dec 28, 2018
  1. Make sure the game is closed.
  2. In the same folder as what you double click on to launch the game, there are 3 folders called 'game', 'lib', and 'renpy'.
  3. Open the 'game' folder and move the .rpa file into there, overwriting any file if prompted.
  4. Go 'back' one level to the original folder where you launch the game.
  5. Double click to launch again.
Thank You Very Much!