RPG help please anyone. [SOLVED]

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
I think I have tried everything, looked everywhere, re-downloaded a hundred times, and I am still stuck. I have downloaded some RPG games from DLsite. I am getting the Black triangle with the ? for the text. I have played RPG's before from here and there no problem. This started just recently. I can get the games to start, and play, but soon afterward it will crash not being able to find a audio/se file. In the game file the audio/se file is ok except for 9 or 10 .wav files that have the black triangles with ? . Things I have done. Re-downloaded the Japanese language pack, and 3 chinese language packs also just in case. Set my local to Japan, changed clock and date also, just in case. I even changed my display to japanese (big PIA though). Downloaded all 4 of the RT for the different versions of RPG maker. Moved my .zip of the game directly to my C/. Downloaded the latest Local Emulator and ran the game with Japanese administrator. Installed LHASA to decompress the .zip of the games, and still the black triangles with the ? appear in the title and for those couple of audio files. I'm going on my 3rd or 4th day trying to fix this....any insite would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. I forgot to mention I am using windows 10. These are the full games also that I bought, not just the trial versions.

Matey55

Nov 12, 2016
Not sure whether you use installers or extract zip/rar files to play your games but if you're using zip/rar files then do this: Open the zip with winrar - Options - Name Encoding - Pick Japanese then extract the files and that way the files should extract in readable japanese unicode. Once done you should use applocale as administrator to run the game.

I just used the search option and found this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-great-thunder-steel-raiouger-v1-03-gaptax.27598/page-10#post-1974630
I have no idea if it works or is even safe or not but check the top post if you want.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Not sure whether you use installers or extract zip/rar files to play your games but if you're using zip/rar files then do this: Open the zip with winrar - Options - Name Encoding - Pick Japanese then extract the files and that way the files should extract in readable japanese unicode. Once done you should use applocale as administrator to run the game.

I just used the search option and found this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-great-thunder-steel-raiouger-v1-03-gaptax.27598/page-10#post-1974630
I have no idea if it works or is even safe or not but check the top post if you want.
Thank YOU!!!!!!! x 10000 I did the option with winrar AND IT WORKED!

Reactions: Matey55