RPG help

ChillyDabs

Donor
Dec 14, 2019
90% of the rpgm games i download and try to run boot up, then consist of failed to load img. and few others. i have rtp installed so not really sure whats going on.

ElsaEraser

Sep 9, 2018
The problem is most likely, that you are not running the games through an locale emulator. For reasons I don't want to get in here, Japanese software even when translated often can't load game assets that have Japanese characters in their name on non Japanese windows versions because they use shift jis encoding instead of unicode.
You can easily fix that with most locale emulators.

I use

You also may have to install the Japanese rtps through locale emulator.
Once you have done that, pretty much every game should work when you start it through the locale emulator.

Reactions: scrumbles

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
1: your operative system?
2: name of a broken game?
3. can you post a screenshot?

Bound-Spirit

Dec 6, 2019
Anyone know how to fix this issue? Its from Election Campaign for Itsuki Kamidai, I've tried local emulators and changing the file name but to no avail.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Anyone know how to fix this issue? Its from Election Campaign for Itsuki Kamidai, I've tried local emulators and changing the file name but to no avail.
Does the game folder look like that? That is the demo, but I guess those 【01】ReadMe.txt, 【02】素材提供者様について.txt ... are shipped with the full version too.

20201225.png

I'm asking it because the file names are encoded as . Maybe your extraction software didn't handle them correctly. See also TheBlueKnight's suggestion. That or WinRar and CTRL+E to select the right language.

Bound-Spirit

Dec 6, 2019
Does the game folder look like that? That is the demo, but I guess those 【01】ReadMe.txt, 【02】素材提供者様について.txt ... are shipped with the full version too.

View attachment 955597

I'm asking it because the file names are encoded as . Maybe your extraction software didn't handle them correctly. See also TheBlueKnight's suggestion. That or WinRar and CTRL+E to select the right language.
Thank you. Had to set extraction to Japanese.