RPG MAKER DAY NIGHT CYCLE

hecom

Jan 26, 2019
Hello,im making a rpg maker game,every thing is ready art wise,i just need to figure how to make npc do stuff at day and then teleport to their homes at night.
how can i implement a script/event that makes the various npcs on my main town map teleport inside their house (another map), when it's night ?
thanks !

Zekoslava02

Game Developer
Oct 27, 2017
Create Common Events and in it Contitional Branch. And Variable to teleport the NPC home when it's night. If you've made the time system, have it teleport for a certain amount of time. '' The night falls at 9pm and that time is teleported ''. Put it in Parallel and then put the switch. Create a new Event on the map and put that Common Events with Parallel.

Last edited:
Reactions: hecom

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
Create Common Events and in it Contitional Branch. And Variable to teleport the NPC home when it's night. If you've made the time system, have it teleport for a certain amount of time. '' The night falls at 9pm and that time is teleported ''. Put it in Parallel and then put the switch. Create a new Event on the map and put that Common Events with Parallel.
You know what you explained happens to be super hard ;)

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
It's kind of hard to give proper advise on you situation, since we don't know your implementation.
I can only tell you how I would do it.

I would just have a switch named night and when it's night activated the switch and the event (npc's) become active at there homes.

I would made a copy of said event and place it on the map when you want to npc to be during the day. Use a switch for day and turn it on when it's day. turn switch off when it's night and then turn the night swith on and the event in the city are removed when it's night.

I you want to have some eventto trigger from the npc no matter if it's day or night you could link both event to a common event if needed.

Reactions: Zachy