RPG maker keeps leaving photos on Android

Mr_1102

Jun 22, 2017
I downloaded an RPG maker game folder on Android to use with Joiplay but it keeps leaving thousands of images on my gallery. Any fixes?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Google Photos gallery app on Android devices is a crawler, it searches for images everywhere on your device it has access to and shows them in your gallery. If games do contain unpacked unobfuscated images, they too will appear in your gallery.
As far as I can see, Google Photos does not have any options to exclude some folders from being scanned for images. Some other gallery apps do.
Your 3 options are either not to play games on your device or not to use Google Photos as your gallery app. Or not to care about the images showing up in your Google Photos gallery.

Mr_1102

Jun 22, 2017
Nevermind, I was able to fix it by adding a full stop in front of the file name. The pictures don't show up anymore.

Mallora

Feb 16, 2019
I know im necroing an old thread but this comes up first in Google and I found a better fix for future people. Navigate to android/obb and copy the 0byte .nomedia file to any folder you don't want to show, such as the joiplay/rtp, then clear the joiplay cache and restart your phone. Now when androids image crawler hits that file, it won't display anything within in your gallery app. Worked for me at least

Reactions: gquock and Nograzie

Nograzie

Jun 22, 2023
I know im necroing an old thread but this comes up first in Google and I found a better fix for future people. Navigate to android/obb and copy the 0byte .nomedia file to any folder you don't want to show, such as the joiplay/rtp, then clear the joiplay cache and restart your phone. Now when androids image crawler hits that file, it won't display anything within in your gallery app. Worked for me at least
This was immensly helpful, thanks a lot