Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV Hide Message box

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Thanks for that patcher tool, its really helpfull.
So here are some of the plugins that I usually use that might be helpfull for someone.
I've been using MessageHidden that I found works more consistent than HIME's to make right click also hide.
  • patcher_aNew_MessageHidden_NEW:
    • Hide message with 'shift' or 'right button'
  • patcher_MZ_BEST_USE_THIS_MessageHide_forMZ:
    • Slightly eddited version of HIME's hide window that works on Rpgmaker MZ and properly hides both nametags and textwindow.
  • patcher_gaSSE_BattleSpeedupSHIFT:
    • Speeds up battle animations while holding 'confirm' key of toggle it pressing 'shift' on battle
  • patcher_GP_MessageSpeedFast:
    • Adds message speed option for instant text or slower text
  • patcher_GP_MoreSaves:
    • Adds more save slotes. Default 40, can change with parameter "Saves": 40 at plugins.js
  • patcher_GP_debugItems:
    • Forces game into debug mode. 'F9' will open debug menu that can control the game switch and variable. Also made possible to add any item in the same style.
  • patcher_UTA_msgskip:
    • Skips message with 'control'.
  • Ace plugins:
    • Hide, skip, instant text for rpgmaker ace. You need to do this manually. No other way around it.
I've made the zips in a way that you just need to put the files on the games .exe folder and run the patcher tool
You might have the do things manually in case of MZ games that don't that the www folder and have the js folder together with the game's exe.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PS:

Nice helpfull tool there, I've been using it a lot.

Only little problem I had is that it can't really handle japanese character. It still works fine but it looks like a mess at plugins.js.
This is honestly magical! Thank you so much!! I hate to ask, but do you per-chance have a backlog plugin? So you can see previous text in a new window like in VN.

f95sunrise

Oct 28, 2017
Long story short, I got annoyed in a game where the message box was hiding "the most interesting part of the CGs" (if you know what I mean).

So I went around on git hub, found a .js plugin made by HIME.
Then I took the Cheat Menu Plugin made by EmeraldCODER.
Mixed them and changed a thing or two.
Luck played an important part since I don't know much about programming, I was just bored as hell.

So basically it's just a small patch tool for Players who wish to hide the message box in order to better see the CGs in RPG Maker MV games when the devs didn't include it (unlike Ren'py where it's included from the start).

I just tested it on one game, it worked, not sure if it will work for every mv games out there but who know.

Simple installation :
First, the game needs to be unpacked with the www folder available.

1) In the www\js folder, do a backup of the "plugin.js" file just in case.
2) Put the "HIME_HMSHideMessageWindow.js" file in the www\js\plugins folder
3) Put the "MVPluginPatcher.exe" and "plugins_patch.txt" files in the main game folder (the one with the game.exe)
4) Execute "MVPluginPatcher.exe".

Launch the game to check if everything work. Now, the "pagedown" and "w" keys should hide and bring back the text box.

EDIT :
In order to change the key used (in some situations where you play a game which already assigned pagedown or w to do something else) :
- Open "plugins_patch.txt" in any text editor and change the {"Hide Button":"pagedown"} parameter to the key you want.
- Re-execute "MVPluginPatcher.exe" to apply the changes

Credits for these files go to HIME and EmeraldCODER.

Download Link :

changing the {"Hide Button":"pagedown"} in plugins_patch.txt to like example {"Hide Button":"shift"} doesn't work

it still only works when you press w do you have a fix for this or do i use the other code from our friend down

edit : i tried darkshades plugin too, but i mostly get the error "hide" function not defined :D

Last edited:

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
changing the {"Hide Button":"pagedown"} in plugins_patch.txt to like example {"Hide Button":"shift"} doesn't work

it still only works when you press w do you have a fix for this or do i use the other code from our friend down

edit : i tried darkshades plugin too, but i mostly get the error "hide" function not defined :D
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'm looking into it right now and I know what's causing it, just taking some time to solve.

Edit : Just changed the op with the correct and working method to change assigned key (tested).
You might need to get your hands on a new extract of the game and import your saves if you didn't make a backup of "plugin.js".

Last edited:
Reactions: f95sunrise

f95sunrise

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'm looking into it right now and I know what's causing it, just taking some time to solve.

Edit : Just changed the op with the correct and working method to change assigned key (tested).
You might need to get your hands on a new extract of the game and import your saves if you didn't make a backup of "plugin.js".

thanks man tried it with pageup that is assigned to Q and it works

i found these in the page of hime to change the keys

1680366377678.png

is there a way you could add a few more keys? most of the time Q or W are used in RPGM games.

would be awesome if i could use like the button Y R or T since these are close to the WASD keys that we use to walk around most of the time

ben_kenobi

Aug 1, 2019
Stompai, thank you for this! Truly, for putting this all together, explaining it in detail, adding a tutorial, your're a lifesaver!!

Reactions: Stompai