RPG Maker MV on HTML5 save export query

Secretlee

Jun 3, 2017
Hey guys, Is there a way to export save files of RPG MAKER MV games run on HTML5 for it to be used by windows?

I sometimes run the game on HTML5 due to the severe lag when I tried to play on windows, Due to the games consistently updating, I kinda hoping to export my save files.

Thanks in advanced!

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
@Secretlee The closest thing I can find is a tutorial on how to find the localStorage of your browser in order to extract it to use in other browsers. I'm not having any luck finding a way to convert said storage from the HTML5 key data into an .rpgsave (or vice versa) anywhere, unfortunately. It might be simpler to "recreate" the save file using a save editor than trying to figure out how to turn the string of characters you get into something usable.

Edit: ... Or you could try saving the value inside the localStorage's keys as a *.txt file and then renaming them into the appropriate *.rpgsave and be pleasantly surprised. I honestly didn't expect that to work, but it does: It also works the other way around- open an *.rpgsave in a text editor, copy its contents, and use those to overwrite the appropriate key in the Storage Inspector.

Keep in mind the files' names and where the save directory needs to be will vary depending on whether or not the developers bothered modifying them, but here's some typical examples:
Code:
Key: RPG Common
Filename: common.rpgsave
Key: RPG Config
Filename: config.rpgsave
Key: RPG Global
Filename: global.rpgsave
Key: RPG File#
Filename: file#.rpgsave
These normally go in "./www/save/", but for example the game Fran In Sinner's Island needs the saves to be in "./save/" instead.

Anyway, 's the thing I found: It's written for Chrome but you can take similar steps to make it work for Firefox.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One last thing, though: If a developer is still updating their game but they haven't stated that they're making sure to keep it backwards compatible with older versions' saves, there's the possibility that trying to use an outdated save file might make unexpected things happen. Keep that in mind going forward, and good luck.

Mar 7, 2018
@Secretlee The closest thing I can find is a tutorial on how to find the localStorage of your browser in order to extract it to use in other browsers. I'm not having any luck finding a way to convert said storage from the HTML5 key data into an .rpgsave (or vice versa) anywhere, unfortunately. It might be simpler to "recreate" the save file using a save editor than trying to figure out how to turn the string of characters you get into something usable.

Edit: ... Or you could try saving the value inside the localStorage's keys as a *.txt file and then renaming them into the appropriate *.rpgsave and be pleasantly surprised. I honestly didn't expect that to work, but it does: It also works the other way around- open an *.rpgsave in a text editor, copy its contents, and use those to overwrite the appropriate key in the Storage Inspector.

Keep in mind the files' names and where the save directory needs to be will vary depending on whether or not the developers bothered modifying them, but here's some typical examples:
Code:
These normally go in "./www/save/", but for example the game Fran In Sinner's Island needs the saves to be in "./save/" instead.

Anyway, 's the thing I found: It's written for Chrome but you can take similar steps to make it work for Firefox.
Yes, I can too confirm that this does work because I have done this myself with RPGMaker MV that I play mostly in Chrome browser, and you can Right Click on the playing window and choose Inspect, then find Application and there Local Storage where the save keys are. The .txt to .rpgsave works I tested with several games :)

It's strange that the games run so much better in browser than the application, its the same for me too. Seems the coding of RPGMaker is not so well optimized sadly. :biggrin:

Reactions: Chingonerio

aldi hermawn

Oct 19, 2018
my friend, is there any of you who have saved the game data Petite_Goddess_Emily_Ver11. :confounded: I feel confused to play this game because the name of the map is too much and has similar sub names:tf:. can you share the save data of this game with me:coldsweat:

SAO321

Apr 17, 2018

Code:

One last thing, though: If a developer is still updating their game but they haven't stated that they're making sure to keep it backwards compatible with older versions' saves, there's the possibility that trying to use an outdated save file might make unexpected things happen. Keep that in mind going forward, and good luck.
I just want to add a detail that prevent me from loading the save ( at least of roundscape adorevia) : To copy the full value of the key in the local storage menu,i have to select the desired value and then right click on the new value that will appear under the 'data' tab on the right side. If i just double click on the value text box, the text there will be incomplete and the save will not work properly.