RPG Maker VX Ace location in computer

mvick9989

Dec 21, 2021
I wanted to play a game that required me to install RPGVX ace rtp. When I ran the installer I changed the file path because I wanted to it to be installed in a place near the game that needs it but the game I was trying to run would not work and said that it could not find VL gothic font.

In my Program Files (x86) I created a folder called Enterbrain and in that folder I created a folder called RGSS3 and installed RPGVXAce there

Program Files (x86) > Enterbrain > RGSS3 > RPGVXAce

I had to do this because the installer only remembers the file path I set and re downloading the installer didnt change it.

The game seems to run correctly now but I want to know if the way I did this will lead to problems in the future. Such as if there is suppose to be other files in the Enterbrain folder I manually created.

I am also curious to know if there is a way to change where an RPG maker game looks for the rtp.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
There should be no issues.

The filepath is probabily stored as a system variable, you should be able to just uninstall/reinstall RTP to another location if needed and Windows will update that variable for you.

mvick9989

Dec 21, 2021
There should be no issues.

The filepath is probabily stored as a system variable, you should be able to just uninstall/reinstall RTP to another location if needed and Windows will update that variable for you.
I've tried reinstalling to other locations though but the game still cant find the rtp.