Tool RPGM RPG Maker VX Ace Patcher

Lv1VillagerB

May 20, 2018
I'm sharing a translation tool I've developed as an alternative to RPGMaker Trans.

While RPGMaker Trans is reliable and can patch a wide number of games, it's often not flexible enough to reach 100% translation.
I've written my patcher as a RPGMaker VX Ace script, it's entirely customable, and it's way faster (Write ~ 10s, Apply ~ 20s).
I've left some possible configurations in the Gaijinizer/Eval folder.

Like RPGMaker Trans, this patcher (Gaijinizer Patchmaker) generates text files which you can then translate and then use to patch the game.
I tried to keep the syntax very similar and it should be possible to make an add-on to make it compatible with RPGMaker Trans 4.5.

v0.2.5

I've fixed most of the bugs on v0.2.5 so if it can generate new patch files, it's safe to assume the game you are working on is compatible.

Thread on ulmf with more details:

Feel free to look at my translations on ulmf if you want sample projects (a thorough tutorial would just be too long). So far, I've successfully made 100% translation of all 4 games I'm working on (even the one with an extremely nasty scrolltext menu), and because I'm also developing an auto-translator I can safely say the files are easy enough to work with.

SHRIFT (Machine translation) -
聖樹伝説 / Legend of The Holy Tree (Machine Translation) -
淫魔の遊戯 / Devil's Game (Machine Translation) -
エルミア剣闘物語-少年剣士VS戦う乙女たち-Gladiators of Elmia -Boy Swordsman VS Fighting Maidens- (Machine translation) -

On a side note, the patcher also adds plugins and if you don't want to translate you can always just add some enhancing scripts to your favorite games.

I'm also working on a tool to definitively turn hardcoded text into soft coded text on RPG Maker in order to allow dynamic translations (no game restart). To make it happen I need people knowing their stuff building javascript UI and communication (via WinAPI) between softwares.

Lv1VillagerB

May 20, 2018
No, only RPG Maker VX Ace.
I suppose someone could adapt it for RPG Maker VX.
For anything else, it might need to be rewritten. The source code can be accessed from Gaijinizer/Scripts/Scripts.rvdata2 and I took care to make it as simple as I could.

I have plans to rewrite it one day for RPG Maker MV.

Reactions: Templar Knight

Dukedom

Jan 25, 2020
Hi. I used your patch but meet this problem. It lead to RGSS301.dll, how can i fix it? When I use RPGMaker VX Ace, I meet the same problem too, at the same RGSS301.dll :(
1586575254674.png

DocCheese

Jun 9, 2018
I have a problem, can someone help please?

For some reason when i try to load it up it does not give me the option to do anything with patches it just takes me straight to the simple game menu then gives me an error when i press "new game" for example"