RPG/Management game - feature wishlist

Freesome

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hi everyone, currently I'm trying to create RPG/Management game in fantasy medieval setting.

I tried to make something similar 3 years ago, but I have more experience now and stuff which was making me anxious then - just a simple task today, so I am more confident in success now.
Unfortunately, I don't see much RPG/Management games. Maybe the reason that they are not really popular, but anyway I like them.

So I decided to ask the forum, if there is a people who interested in this kind of games - do you have features on your mind you really want to see? If yes, please tell me, I will think how to implement them in my game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Hi, as someone who frequently played my ck2 & ck3 with mods from loverslab i'm definitely interested in what you're brewing

Reactions: DuniX

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Best advice I can give for this kind of games, forget about the Player, focus on Simulating your AI Characters and their Agency.
That's the main problem I have with this Trainer or Management Games, yes you can train your bitches, but so what? what are the consequence of that? There is not much of an Endgame for it.

Best System to achieve this is Princess Maker 2 if ALL Characters in the World are Simulated with their own Jobs, Growth and Goals independent of you.

You can also add Factions and Social Deduction Mechanics(Town of Salem, Throne of Lies, Mafia, Werwolf) with Roles and Abilities which can be part of the Conflict and Drama that happens in the "World", thus having Consequences for the Player and NPCs actions.
The Endings in Princess Maker 2 that you get map pretty well to that kind of Classes and Social Roles in Social Deduction Games, so have a Skill and Stat Requirement to be that Class that a Character can Achieve and can have as their own Goal, or you can Manipulate as The Player to get what you want.

Alternatively you can have a Strategy RPG like Rai7, RotTK, Sengoku Rance, so that the "World" is the Strategy Game.

Focus on a few Cast of Characters or Personality Types, you don't need to Simulate that many, and you don't need Sex Content for every Character.

Last edited:

Freesome

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Best advice I can give for this kind of games, forget about the Player, focus on Simulating your AI Characters and their Agency.
That's the main problem I have with this Trainer or Management Games, yes you can train your bitches, but so what? what are the consequence of that? There is not much of an Endgame for it.

Best System to achieve this is Princess Maker 2 if ALL Characters in the World are Simulated with their own Jobs, Growth and Goals independent of you.

You can also add Factions and Social Deduction Mechanics(Town of Salem, Throne of Lies, Mafia, Werwolf) with Roles and Abilities which can be part of the Conflict and Drama that happens in the "World", thus having Consequences for the Player and NPCs actions.
The Endings in Princess Maker 2 that you get map pretty well to that kind of Classes and Social Roles in Social Deduction Games, so have a Skill and Stat Requirement to be that Class that a Character can Achieve and can have as their own Goal, or you can Manipulate as The Player to get what you want.

Alternatively you can have a Strategy RPG like Rai7, RotTK, Sengoku Rance, so that the "World" is the Strategy Game.

Focus on a few Cast of Characters or Personality Types, you don't need to Simulate that many, and you don't need Sex Content for every Character.
Thanks for the tips. Although I found out game "Eratoho K" and now I'm stuck with implementing similar sex system, couple days already, have to explain myself somehow on my job lol. I was planning to implement NPC background system in my game but I understand that this is a huge scope so I am planning to do that after initial release.