RPG MArker Question

DrPepper808

Dec 7, 2021
I wanted to try and resurrect an abandoned RPG Marker Game. I had two questions.
1) if I get the Newest engine will I be able to open the Game that someone else created to get to Login, Images, etc.. I assume I would have to recreate any Backgrounds, and charters for all future work I would add.
2) Is ther a EZ way to look at a RPG Marker Game install and tell what version created it and maybe what resources would be needed?

• Haha
Reactions: Winterfire

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If you don't know the answer to those basic questions you don't know how to remake a game.

Make your own shorter game first, you will struggle a lot harder trying to emulate someone else's work than just making your own if you want to learn the basics.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You can decrypt them and get all the resources, however you cannot open a project with a different engine due to the difference in programming language and so on.

RGSSAD = RPG Maker XP
RGSS2A = RPG Maker VX
RGSS3A = RPG Maker VX Ace
rpgmvo/rpgmvp = RPG Maker MV

DrPepper808

Dec 7, 2021
You can decrypt them and get all the resources, however you cannot open a project with a different engine due to the difference in programming language and so on.

RGSSAD = RPG Maker XP
RGSS2A = RPG Maker VX
RGSS3A = RPG Maker VX Ace
rpgmvo/rpgmvp = RPG Maker MV
thank you. just what I needed.

Reactions: SergeantDauterive