RPGM and the Error "Your Browser doesnt allow to read local files"

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
hi
first of, i am using linux, so thats the reason i ran into that problem in the first place.
when i changed and some rpgm games stopped working i allowed local file access and just launched the index.html in firefox and everything ran smoothly.
now for some time...2-3month maybe.... that solution stopped working altogether. file access is still allowed but i only get this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so i am practically back to square 1.... anyone here got any idea?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Have you tried the Linux player for RPG Maker? This is the most advisable solution.

If you still want to use the browser, do NOT allow local file access.
Assuming Python3 is already installed in Manjaro, open the www directory in a terminal, type:
python3 -m http.server --bind 127.0.0.1
and press Enter. Now you can play the game by visiting the page:
This works on Chrome too: no need to change its security settings.

Note that some games still may crash because, in Linux, file names are case sensitive (there are workarounds for this too).
Roundscape Adorevia and A Farmer's Dream fall in this category.

Reactions: Obito-chwuanchan
May 8, 2020
Fix error Failed to load data/Actors.json

This error happens because you try to play a game in the web browser directly when running INDEX.HTML.
Modern browsers have a security system that prevents local files from trying to capture information from other sites via AJAX, but you can disable this security (CROSS-ORIGIN).
As tutoriais a seguir são para os seguintes navegadores:
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome:
To disable use the following command line:
--allow-file-access-from-files

• Create a browser shortcut on the Desktop.
  • Right-click on it and select Properties.
  • In the "Destination" box enter the parameter after the second quotation mark with a space and save.
( )
Always start Chrome from this shortcut to be able to play a Rpg Maker MV game.

Mozilla Firefox:
In the browser address bar enter the following command:
about:config

Press [I'll be careful, I promise!] button.Do not change anything on this screen, just what was shown in the tutorial.
In the search field type:
security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy

Double click this item, it will change from "true" to "false".This is done, but you may need to restart the browser.