RPGM Game Suddenly Unable to Read Save

TheRay

Apr 9, 2019
Recently, when I was about to start a game, somehow it can't seem to recognize its save file. It all started with Ambrosia game. One day, for some reason the Continue menu was unselectable. I closed the game and looked to the save folder, and the save was still there. So I copied those saves, moved it somewhere, played the game, then saved. When I tried to load the new save, things worked just fine (the Continue button was selectable as usual). However, when I deleted the new save and replaced it with my old save, the game couldn't read it again. Same thing happened when I replaced the new save with saves from online. I though it was limited to Ambrosia, but recently the same problem happened with Succubus Connect. What caused this and how can I fix it?

Last edited:
Reactions: kamibell

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
It could be that the config.rpgsave or global.rpgsave file got corrupted or messed up as those are the ones that store all of the save files in the game folder and once they get messed up the existing save files will no longer show up or work.