RPGM Games and cross compatibility?

DennyGed

Jul 20, 2017
I've been struggling to understand RPGM and how it works lately. Specifically, I'm curious about how cross compatible these games are on other platforms. For example, my hacked Switch has RPG Maker Player, so in theory should I be able to import games? Could I take game files from here and import them to that platform or to Android?

I'm guessing based on the searching I have done on this topic (and the lack of information I've found on this topic), the answer is no.

But I'd like to understand the aspects of RPGM engines a little better. Can anyone provide a good link?

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
RPG Maker MV (and MZ now) run on NW.js, so the cross-platform support is great in theory, they officially support officially Win, Linux and Mac, and you can find binaries for other systems, heck you can even run it directly on a Chromium browser. The catch is, it also depends on a lot of third-party plugins, so in general, the more complex a game is, the less likely it is to run properly on platforms other than Windows.

For Switch specifically, I wouldn't get my hopes up, it seems they have very poor support for it.

DennyGed

Jul 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I had a slim hope that it would be as simple as loading the game files onto my Switch and running the RPGM homebrew app. I think you can run Linux distros on the Switch, maybe that would be the best course.

Reactions: CrapoKiBave