Seeking RPGM games like Ideology in Friction

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I'm searching for unicorns...

What I'm looking for: an RPGM game that:

1) Features sex other than loss conditions/battle failures.

2) Has classic RPG gameplay elements without being excessively grindy, but is still oriented towards erotic scenes. If I can get my main character to level 80 without seeing more than a dozen H-scenes, that's not what I'm looking for.

3) ...and here's the stinger: is playable on a Mac. I do run Wine, but VX Ace games never, ever work for me, and plenty of others randomly hang and crash. MV's usually reliable, but there are exceptions.

Uncensored would also be nice, but I can deal with it given a sufficiently interesting game. I don't need branching; replayability isn't my concern. Playability is.

Ideology in Friction frankly amazed me with how well the sex was integrated into the game, how much the sexual choices of the player could influence the future direction of the game, and how the endings were entirely connected to the MC's sexual history. But it can't be singular, can it? There must be other games in that style and of that quality, aren't there?

Reactions: JaszMan

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Do you have the resources to run a virtual machine? Not feasible on a potato laptop but if you have 2+ CPU cores and 2-4GB of RAM to spare on idle that should be enough to run Win7 in VirtualBox or the like. Except for the Windows installation itself (yarr-harr!) everything is available for free on Linux so even if the Mac is incompatible in the worst case you can set up a dual boot.

Reactions: scrumbles

Junkie531

Jan 2, 2018
man if you looking for games similiar to Ideology of friction, then you have to try: Meritocracy of the Oni and Blade, Meltys Quest, Dark Elf and The Heiress :) trust me.. worth :)

Reactions: Segnbora

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Have you tried Lust epidemic? It's a RPGM game, which has some of the rpg elements, just no battles or Xp. It has a ton of animated scenes. Only downside is the terrible story patching which does a terrible job of telling you what to do next, or where to go next. There's an hint system in game, or just have a walk through open besides it.

It has a Mac installation guide, so should work.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I just finished it a few days ago, actually. I tried an earlier version without a walkthrough and it was torturous, but with the walkthrough it was a lot of fun.