Others [SOLVED] [RPGM] How to actually play rpgm games on linux?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2912657
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2912657

It seems every time I upgraded wine, it's crapshoot whether this version gonna be able to run rpgm games out of the box or not.
The one offered by my distro is wine 5.19.

Let's take Treasure of Nadia as an example.
It worked some time ago on my laptop using wine.
Now it's just black screen.

I tried the usual tricks, like winetricks ddr=gdi, or winetricks corefonts. But they don't help.
I tried the official linux version of Treasure of Nadia too. It did not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
If you visit this thread and search for "Nadia" (without quotes, of course), the website returns a few results.
Edit: iirc some graphical bugs could be fixed by deleting libGLESv2.dll from the game folder.
Anyway, RPG Maker MV games can be played natively by means of this tool. Do you get a black screen again?

What is your distro, btw?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2912657

If you visit this thread and search for "Nadia" (without quotes, of course), the website returns a few results.
The quoted post about installing my own nwjs works. Thanks a lot.
I tried both of the official windows and linux release of Nadia, works with both of them.

The post you linked itself probably also works, but very cumbersome.

Anyway, RPG Maker MV games can be played natively by means of this tool. Do you get a black screen again?
This doesn't work. It gives a lot of fontconfig error.
Same result as when I run the official linux version of Nadia.

What is your distro, btw?
I run Arch btw.

edit: Well, installing my own nwjs works but the performance is shit. It's an integrated graphics after all. I mean playing these rpgm games with wine is not great either, but the performance is still better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scrumbles

MrBlack ✌

Jun 4, 2017
(HTML games are out of any doubt. Ren'Py games work fine with wine.)
Other Win games (RPGM, Unity, Unreal) I just add (their *.exe) in Steam to the library and then chose in the library in the settings of the game the compatibity layer to Proton (Proton experimental, e.g., or an older version, if experimental doesn't work).
Then I can run the games from Steam.