RPGM lag

Amansas

Apr 17, 2018
Hey, so I played a few RPGM games on my PC, but for some reason all of them lag quite a lot. REN'PY and Unity games run very smoothly though. My PC meets the system requirements, and I'm talking about polished games like Lust Epidemic, Summer Memories, Zombie's Retreat. Also, any help on how to solve this is highly appreciated.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey, so I played a few RPGM games on my PC, but for some reason all of them lag quite a lot. REN'PY and Unity games run very smoothly though. My PC meets the system requirements, and I'm talking about polished games like Lust Epidemic, Summer Memories, Zombie's Retreat. Also, any help on how to solve this is highly appreciated.
RPG Maker MV use a pretty old version of nw.js (basically the game engine). Updating nw.js to a newer version might fix your problem. If you don't want to overwrite the game's original files, extract nw.js to a new folder and copy the game's "www" folder and "project.json" file into it.

Here you can download a newer version of nw.js:

Reactions: Skeltor and Amansas

Amansas

Apr 17, 2018
RPG Maker MV use a pretty old version of nw.js (basically the game engine). Updating nw.js to a newer version might fix your problem. If you don't want to overwrite the game's original files, extract nw.js to a new folder and copy the game's "www" folder and "project.json" file into it.

Hey, thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid I'll have to have you walk me through the process, please.
Below is the main game directory. What do i have to do to update my nw.js ( I do not mind erasing game data) ?

1633803739020.png

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey, thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid I'll have to have you walk me through the process, please.
Below is the main game directory. What do i have to do to update my nw.js ( I do not mind erasing game data) ?

View attachment 1444649
As I wrote in my previous post: Download and extract a newer version wherever you want and then copy and the paste the game's "www" folder and "project.json" into it (into the directory/folder with the new nw.js files).

Reactions: Amansas

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017

but what are we supposed to download? every single file one by one of one of the folders?