Rpgm, rpt, rpt2000 and all those

Heinbloed1187

Mar 13, 2018
So i downloaded several games. And also bought rpgm, rpg vx and also have rpg2000rpt or what it is called. And i also looked up in this board which exe of which game has which symbol. But nevertheless, often most of the games don’t work. Wether there is some „rge2000.dll“ or so missing or it is just a Japanese error. Starting the games with applocale doesn’t work either. So I wonder how are you able to make all the games run?

Göffel

Mar 4, 2018
- we do not buy rpgm. Unless we want to create a game, then we'd buy the game editing suite(s).

- no idea, I pretty much never had a problem with rpgm games, unless they were bugged by developer, or poorly packed by archiver.

• Download and install the runtime packages just once - those linked in the thread.
  • if windows 7 or 8 (or XP) : download and install . If win10 - no idea, wait for some win10 user to help with that.
  • Download any rpgm game, unzip to where you have control (NOT C:\Program data\, NOT C:\windows\ or any such)
  • If Japanese game, and HFapplocale installed (win7 or 8):
    • 1st) if released through a Western publisher, first try just running it with no special nothing. Some games work fine that way. (eg. )
      Some games need to be run as administrator, if only to find/ be allowed to write to the savefile location.
    • 2nd) If with 1st) you get an error, then try running it through HFapplocale : right-mouse-button click on game.exe and "run with Japanese locale".
    • 3rd) If it does not work, then try "run with Japanese locale as administrator".

along that way, I got pretty much every rpgm game to run just fine. (in windows 7)

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
So i downloaded several games. And also bought rpgm, rpg vx and also have rpg2000rpt or what it is called. And i also looked up in this board which exe of which game has which symbol. But nevertheless, often most of the games don’t work. Wether there is some „rge2000.dll“ or so missing or it is just a Japanese error. Starting the games with applocale doesn’t work either. So I wonder how are you able to make all the games run?

Heinbloed1187

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks very much for the help. It is very complete. Many of the games work. Though several of them don’t. I read through the „help topic“ and it is very detailed explained. But many problems therefor are for example, the games with the „horse“ or „unicorn“ symbol never work. Even though I downloaded the needed package and even though I have two different applocale. Each of them don’t work with it.

I guess the lack of understanding those programming stuff and lack of knowledge when it comes to pc stuff, guides me the way to the point that I just can’t play several games. For example I tried to play „the orc strikes back“ but when I start, it just tells me that I don’t have this rge102e.dll or so.

Anyway, thanks again very much for your help.