Tool RPGM & WOLF Translator (Early Alpha)

gears2260

Aug 25, 2018
I decrypted the game then used this program, applied the patch but I get this error now when I try to open the game what to do?

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
I decrypted the game then used this program, applied the patch but I get this error now when I try to open the game what to do?
It expects '_in' but it found ']'. Perhaps the translator had erased a very important symbol like { } [ ] _ or even " (not the default quote but the 'untidy' one). Yes, there are different UTF codes for them. Also, the author said you must be careful of load/scripts/main and something like that (in one or more of the checked boxes in the left). You need to click to check everything but them. You can also fix directly, by rechecking the informed line (35) inside the script editor in RPG MAKER.

As I run the .EXE of the game the Japanese language is still there ...Am I doing something wrong or is this some kind of problem? Is there a solution to this?
Perhaps its one of those games whose main.rvdata2 (or similiar) contains the dialogue (which is not accessible from RPG MAKER program) and it's encrypted. You can extract it if you have the original japanese game (without anything changed in RPG MAKER), then execute TES-PATCHER in the command line. You can find it in this forum (as well as posts explaining how to use it).

On a site note, I tried to translate the game My Master is a Dark Sorceress (the protagonist is a GODDESS of beautiful, there are dozens of pics made by fans in gelbooru due to that). Its a WOLF game. I did everything recommended (like renaming Data.wolf to Data.bak AND using 'default' folders, that is, simple ones without something like "C:\!!MY GAMES\@WOLF GAMES\Master is a Dark Sorceress" (as Translator++ wont work!). I've put simply "C:\MASTER". Anyway, it 'batch translated' well, then it 'SAID' it exported the files (\Data\BasicData and Data\MapData), I moved then into the game, but it's still in japanese (menus, dialogues, everything).

Hyurin

Oct 19, 2018
i'm just stuck at this problem though
Screenshot (116).png
i even wonder how to find the solution for this problem

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmm....perhaps there are EOF 'hidden' characters breaking up those lines. You may try to copy some japanese text in that black box, then search for it. Once found, you can then try to press DELETE/BACKSPACE (or even delete it entirely). If its in the first column (the one you can't change anything), you can finally try to search for those japanese text in your AppData folder (the one that this program puts decompressed files). If I am not mistaken, some are even TXT files that you can just enter on it and try to find hidden characters.

BoneDaddyZ

Sep 17, 2017
Video on how to translate Wolf RPG Editor games with the translator for anyone looking for it

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
i'm just stuck at this problem though
View attachment 272453
i even wonder how to find the solution for this problem
Just to help more here.
Please follow those steps. It works for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Short answer: the auto translator might CAUSE ERRORS by adding " (or ') . FOR EXAMPLE (one case), in Japanese, they use 「 SOMETHING 」 (instead of " SOMETHING"), then the tranlator changes 「 to " and 」 to " as well. Among other errors.

A problem that I encountered is that THE GAME COULD RUN without crash dialogues, so it wont be translated completely. You need to fiddle with SELECTED files (that is, you can click to select all files, then click one or two others in order to unselect them), then try to translate. Once you find the culprit, you can check line by line (for just one quote problem, three quote problem etc).

As the author of this program said, there are certain filenames like SCRIPT, LOAD, GAME, etc, with text like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Where the batch translator (or any manual editing) must not change! So you can just ERASE all columns (Except the first) of files like this. They generally WONT appear in the game because they're script commands deep inside the code.

gonnakms

Sep 10, 2017
I dont know how to translate the rpg games RGSS3 with the red dragon iron, when i use the program it opens another folder in the temps and in that folder theres data graphics ect idk what to do exactly because its not the same as translating other rpg games