RPGMaker (and similar) games controls makes difference?

Do you like RPGM (and similiar) games and how do you play?

• Total voters

brainroid

Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, just something random I thought about. Many people don't like rpgm games, and I do get where they're coming from, while I think well made rpgm games are superior to Renpy (and similar) games, because they're more "game" to play. Not that I don't like renpy and it's confortable interface.
Anyway, what I actually wondered is how many people play rpgm with one hand.
With my setup I can easily play any rpgm game with one hand and I have to say, I certainly wouldn't have played as many of this games, if I had to use both hands.

So does this make a difference I wonder?

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, technically if you are using a mobile device and playing the content for masturbation purposes, then... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I have a high tendency to avoid RPGM games... But as to the question of playing games with one hand or two, it's a matter of personal preferences... Not sure it's a hot topic for discussion really... Some people may like mouse and keyboard, some may like using a hand held gaming controller, some may like mobile devices, and the list goes on... I don't think there is some underlying conspiracy or psychological complexity that drives anyone to go with any particular method of game play... If it makes a difference for you, then that is your preferred method of play... And it really has no bearing on some overtly world view, that is either socially or politically motivated... It is just what works for you... I wouldn't burn brain cells contemplating if it has some higher meaning, undertone, and/or backstory...

Zip

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
At first I really didn't like how RPGM games were played with the numpad and often not support mouse control, but I got used to it after playing a few. These days I even prefer it and happily play them left or right handed with a wireless numpad.
Anything older then RPGM MV is a bit annoying though, since running is often not enabled and I have to lock the shift key with a macro key in my logitech software... buuut then the numpad acts up. :cautious:

brainroid

Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for replies. Yeah, this wasn't meant to be too serious, just something I thought may be 1 reason, why people don't like to play rpgm. because shitty controls are a turn-off. (I know there's more strong reasons)
It was also only for playing with fapping.
Of course everyone can play however they like. Just not everyone may be able to reprogramm their keys, and thus doesn't wanna alternate between controlling the game and fapping...

I admit it's probably a negligible amount :whistle: (maybe just me :^)...)