RPGmaker games constant crash load screens

geistmas

Jul 13, 2017
When I play RPG maker games after a bit of playing, not long mind you, I crash on a loading screen. Don't know much about RPG maker so no idea how to troubleshoot this. It's happened with at least two or three games.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Try compatibility mode.

geistmas

Jul 13, 2017
Hey that might have done the trick. Game is running smoother and no crashes so far. Thanks you've just unlocked a whole new world of games for me.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I keep RPGMaker games on an external harddrive. To save power the pc shuts off the drive while you are playing the game. Some games allow time to wake up the drive other games crash.

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
It could still be RAM especially with Icstor RPGMaker games which at times can be demanding. 90 in 90%? That would be bad. In any case system specs would help as there are plenty of reasons why an application fails. Could be the hard drive, could be a 32-bit OS you may use (2GB cap) and so on and so forth...more info means better help.
To take up the cudgels for RPGMaker since the engine gets bashed way too often lately... while there are a lot of features that are subject of much needed improvement what the engine is not is more likely to crash than other game engines. If your hardware isn't the newest a switch to a linux based OS which is less demanding might be an option for you in any case.