RPGMaker MV Black Bar

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I have been having issues lately and again that ALL Rpgmaker MV games have a black bar that takes up a good portion of the upper portion of the screen and the picture is what I am seeing. It is not there on the other rpg maker versions just the MV ones. I had once had this fixed but after removing McAfee's it seems that my issue has returned. All RMPMaker MV Games Black Bar.png
Under the bar in the pic one should be able to see a cliff face and a cave entrance and I can only see that if I press the esc key to bring up the options menu or if I open the inventory on the pictured game.

Reactions: silent jerry

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Well, two potential issues come to mind.

First, graphics driver out of date?

Second, what resolution is your screen? Some games are programmed to only work with a specific set of resolutions, and therefore bug out when you have a more abnormal (usually smaller) screen resolution. I recommend trying different screen resolutions/aspect ratios to see if the problem persists.

(Press F4 for full screen mode, or f5? One of the function keys, does problem persist there too?)

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Yup the prblem still persists even though these things are done and F5 is the reset/reload game function that will re load the game or re open it how ever you like to say it. I have used f4 to go full screen as well as alt+enter and still have that bar at tope the only thing that I can think of is that perhaps java needs updating. One of the reasons that I am now regretting ever having Mcafee on this system as soon as I started removing LiveSafe I had to do a factory reset of my system because their program removed keey features and programs as a great F'You for leaving us

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
the only thing that I can think of is that perhaps java needs updating.
Updating your Java environment will have no effect at all because MV uses a Java-script based engine, unfortunately the two totally unrelated programming languages have similar names.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Ah...well am at a loss then as there are few mv games that do not have that bar at the top of the screen. I had thought it was my drivers and updated them and still have it, have tried resolution and still have it but it flickers when I move so no clue what to do or what I did in the past to remove it

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Ah...well am at a loss then as there are few mv games that do not have that bar at the top of the screen. I had thought it was my drivers and updated them and still have it, have tried resolution and still have it but it flickers when I move so no clue what to do or what I did in the past to remove it
f3, f4, f5, f6, f2, R, G.

Usually the devs mention what key is used to remove the black bar.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I found that when i uninstalled Mcaffee it had removed a lot of different things, I re-installed drivers to be safe and it worked so i think that when I installed the new drivers then removed McAffee's it removed or messed it up