Fan Art rpy2anim - renpy layered image reconstruction

noway

May 14, 2017
rpy2anim.png

Overview:
Rpy2anim is for all fans of lewd art with the urge to create something, but do not have the talent to draw.
It reads the renpy information files for layered images and helps you to reconstruct sexy images.

For the tool to work you need to have an uncompiled version of your game of choice.
This means you need to get the pictures and scripts extracted. Important are the pictures *.png and scripts *.rpy.​

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-log:

Examples:

hermione_drink.png luna_pyjama.png

Download
Python source: View attachment rpy2anim.zip
Win:

Last edited:
Reactions: TNTed

noway

May 14, 2017
i'm lost at step 3. pls help, python wont let me wrote down command
Normally you write down the command in the OS console, under windows you start that with "cmd".
I also uploaded a compiled version of the program for windows - as always usage at your own risk.

I should also give an example of what formatting problems one can encounter, e.g. in the luna_scene.rpy you will find something like this at the beginning:

You already see that different formatting is used for every other line - this is not handled by the current version of the script. So you need to edit the luna_scene.rpy to get something like this:

Make sure the paths are correct in relation to the relative path in line 2 and remove the .png at the end.

Reactions: otkmage

otkmage

Dec 4, 2018
Normally you write down the command in the OS console, under windows you start that with "cmd".
I also uploaded a compiled version of the program for windows - as always usage at your own risk.

I should also give an example of what formatting problems one can encounter, e.g. in the luna_scene.rpy you will find something like this at the beginning:

You already see that different formatting is used for every other line - this is not handled by the current version of the script. So you need to edit the luna_scene.rpy to get something like this:

Make sure the paths are correct in relation to the relative path in line 2 and remove the .png at the end.
Thank you so much it works now!!! but would you happen to know which rpy file contains the position information of the image layers for innocent witches?

Last edited:

noway

May 14, 2017
The rpy files are just ascii files with a special extention, so you can check what is inside with any text editor. Often the names of the files already reveal their contents.

For innocent witches there are many such files, e.g. every character has one /game/characters/hermi/displayables.rpy. For the Scenes it is a bit different because the rpy file and images are in different folders /game/images/CG and /game/scripts/CG. To get this working, you need to copy the scene file into the corresponding images folder (see also my previous comment regarding the formatting).

Additionally, when you have loaded the rpy file successfully and want to add images it tells you where it tried to find them - all paths are relative to the location of the rpy file - if this is the wrong location you directly see where the rpy file needs to go.

Reactions: otkmage