Ren'Py RubyRed Trainer: A BDSM RWBY Parody Trainer [v0.02.7 Bugfix] [Fatbot]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah, the sprites in the game are placeholders made with the Bing AI arts suite of all things.
Since there are no NSFW sprites in the game, and these will be phased out in time, I left the tag out.
If I decide to use AI CG to add NSFW content I'll be sure to add the tags.
The butts I post with devlog updates etc. are from my experimentations with Pixai trying to learn how to use generative to get consistent results.
To be honest though I'm more inclined to throw up a Patreon and give money to an actual artist than do the generative thing, as while I enjoy it as a toy I have reservations about it's place in the micro-economy as it's going to be small time commission artists who get shafted by its widening use.
SFW or NSFW content means nothing for the ai tag. If it's using AI CG in the current version it should be tagged as such.

Reactions: theinternetis4

An0nM4n

Dec 29, 2019
Nice game so far, hoping it goes well. There's a few spelling mistakes but considering it's the literal first version I really don't care about it that much.

Watched, hoping for more!

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Nice game so far, hoping it goes well. There's a few spelling mistakes but considering it's the literal first version I really don't care about it that much.

Watched, hoping for more!
Another SPG pass it is! All in there's nearly 39,000 words of dialogue and narration so far, I really should have at least run spellcheck on them at some point :S

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Ok, I've run a more reliable spellchecker than my own brain over the thing, and updated it.
The link below and the link at the top now both lead to one with fewer screwups :D

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
I get no sound?
I don't think there is any yet. Game's still in early development. Music can come later.
Yeah this is a tech-demo of sorts for the writing and core gameplay loop;
There's no real art yet, just some janky Bing Ai-CGs for placeholders, no music, etc.
There are;
2 Pathways with Glynda on your way to starting the loop (one flirty, one confrontational), which lead to 6 different
punishments for her depending on how hard you wanna go. None of which were repeatable.

3 unrepeatable Initial training actions with Ruby, followed by either a reward or a punishment (there are 3 variations of each depending on how you've treated Ruby so far).

Ruby's repeatable gym training loop:
An initial interaction that shows her mood (4 variations)
3 tones of sparring training with some internal variations for how motivated Ruby is to improve, and whether she does or not.
A Punishment or Reward menu and interactions that change depending on whether Ruby deserves to be punished or not, and how much Ruby's grown to enjoy her punishments.
3 levels of punishment harshness, with a whole load of differing reactions including 2 extra harsh and kinky follow-up punishments for when she enjoys her punishments too much (which themselves vary with her pain threshold).
28 self-selected rewards which Ruby picks based on a nest of visible and invisible stats, ranging from a gentle head-pat to getting seriously kinky.
And a load of aftercare actions which also vary based on Ruby's stats, and your inclination to treat Ruby well, ignore her, or really be mean.

You can repeat the loop and find further interactions naturally, but there's not a gallery or anything.

DragonSlapper

Sep 13, 2019
Playing the mac version I made a note of spelling errors, several of which wouldn't be caught by spell-check. Here's my list:

nanyway
special traing skills
upstanding citisen
desparate times
dashing too and fro (should be “to”)
ariel transport (should be "aerial")
child endagerment
Callipygian spleandor
Profesor
You find youself in
Get reaquianted with
tantalisingly
whistfulness
organised
hesitently
litrally
She’s panicing now
breath is comining in
scard to trust
Thank your sir. (Should be “you”)
keeps her compusure
fulfil my dream
into to her ("to" is superfluous)
hesitent
focussed
of you abilities (should be “your”)
take a seat on on a bench (second "on" is superflous)
in her with Ruby (should be “here”)
You firm stroke (should be “firmly”)
Ruby’s breathing is a heavy ("a" is superfluous)
to brign her back around
the shrapness in your voice
Ruby’s taining session
nuzzing back
becomeing a good girl

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Playing the mac version I made a note of spelling errors, several of which wouldn't be caught by spell-check. Here's my list:

nanyway
special traing skills
upstanding citisen
desparate times
dashing too and fro (should be “to”)
ariel transport (should be "aerial")
child endagerment
Callipygian spleandor
Profesor
You find youself in
Get reaquianted with
tantalisingly
whistfulness
organised
hesitently
litrally
She’s panicing now
breath is comining in
scard to trust
Thank your sir. (Should be “you”)
keeps her compusure
fulfil my dream
into to her ("to" is superfluous)
hesitent
focussed
of you abilities (should be “your”)
take a seat on on a bench (second "on" is superflous)
in her with Ruby (should be “here”)
You firm stroke (should be “firmly”)
Ruby’s breathing is a heavy ("a" is superfluous)
to brign her back around
the shrapness in your voice
Ruby’s taining session
nuzzing back
becomeing a good girl
Thanks king stranger :D
Just thrilled people are playing it, hope you're enjoying.
Unofficial Mac version was, iirc, pre last SPG pass. So hopefully some or all of these are fixed already.
But I'll double check these and correct any which remain with next PC update.
have a butt for your contribution.
pixai-1695633895155053775-0.png

RE: Next update - I bought a discounted commercial asset pack via Humble, so I'll be adding music (since that came up in a comment above), as well as laying the groundwork for the academic training section.
Serious thoughts oh experienced bods on here, should I drop a patreon for art/VA assets?
It's gonna be the only way to fund them (I'm too poor for them to come out of pocket)but it seems like everyone and their dog has one now and I'm kinda aware of how pushy it can sometimes feel as a player.
Would people pay for that stuff to be added; or are we better off with text, cheap AI placeholders, and our imaginations?

PassingNEET

May 18, 2022
You've got the core concept out for now, so focus on getting all the remaining intended systems in place. RWBY is an insanely large property so finding art for it should not be terribly difficult. Consider asking artists if it would be alright to use already existing art in your game, and if you can't find something specific then you can consider commissioning it. So far as sound goes, people just need a bit to go along with things, for ambience. I'd imagine there's some easy to find voice or sound packs you can use to get across a point, but even that may not be necessary. Look at HTML games, a lot of those often don't have sound at all.

The biggest thing is not to exceed your scope. The more people you involve, the harder a project gets to finish. Paying for good art can be useful, but it will be incredibly expensive. VA's even more so, and then you are beholden to their schedules to finish things that otherwise would have been done.

TL;DR Keep it simple, keep it within your reach. Only consider spending money as a last resort option. Free resources exist, try to tap into them.

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
I got an exception during Ruby's training. Each choice leads to the exception .
Found it and fixed it!

I think I CAUSED it while I was doing the SPG pass. Spanner that I am.

While I was at it I fixed the SPG mistakes Dragonslapper found in the Unofficial Mac Version (although not the ones caused by my not using American English, because "grumble grumble grumble uppity colonials etc." I kid obviously, but also I will continue to use my native version of the language) that hadn't been caught on the PC SPG pass.
And added music, 4 tracks in all.

Plus tidied up a few dialog boxes that were a tad overfull as i went past them.

Seems like (now that's done) we've got a relatively stable and playable version.

Update Butt this post is dedicated to griff3n!
pixai-1695953650780707288.png

Last edited:

Fatbot

Feb 1, 2018
Hello you gorgeous beasts you!
Not a big update this week.
I'm trying to be responsive to feedback, so if you have any I wanna hear it.
In this case I had a look at the review Ifgals1 dropped (thanks btw, this update's butt is dedicated to you!) and something they said about Ruby being too willing kinda caught me.
So in this version I've lowered Ruby's starting Trust and slowed her trust growth a wee bit.
This should make encountering her more reluctant scenes etc. easier to do without treating her harshly to lower it yourself and deliver a more slow-burn breaking her in, while still allowing her to be fairly willing if you wanna go down that pathway from the start.
Have a play and see how it goes :D

Meanwhile over on the Devlog I've pretty much sorted out the structure of how I'm going to code sex!

pixai-1698185854342337551.png
Update butt has been spanked! Huzzah!

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote