Tutorial Ren'Py Run renpy games on Mac without having a Mac download

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
Not every Renpy game has a Mac download link, however, I've always seen a Windows download link so heres a little work around for those of us who don't have a Windows device.

1. The first thing you want to do is to download the Renpy SDK via and unzip the file

2. Download the Windows version of the game you want to play and unzip it.

3. Next go to "Finder" and look under 'Locations' for the Renpy download you just unzipped and find "Renpy"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
4. Run "Renpy", and if asked for any permissions, approve them.

5. If the game you installed hasn't appeared while having "Renpy" open, click refresh and the game should appear

6. Click 'Launch Project' and enjoy

Jun 12, 2020
For some reason this doesnt work. I tried to load Ren'Py and load a game through it, but the game doesnt show up depite refreshing.

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
For some reason this doesnt work. I tried to load Ren'Py and load a game through it, but the game doesnt show up depite refreshing.
same here
Can't say that I've had that problem myself. As long as I unzip the windows download and I can see the .exe file, I have the ability to run it through Renpy. I did this earlier today and it worked for me.

Once I unzipped the download, it had the, game, lib, and renpy folders as well as .exe, .py and .sh files in it. I was also able to add a mod to the game folder just like when downloading a Mac download. Perhaps you're trying to run a Unity game through Renpy? I admit that I've done that myself more than once lol. I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this, and just stumbled upon this method a few months back. Maybe someone else on here may be able to give you some other pointers, but if you pm me, I can try to help you out. Can't guarantee i'll be much help, but hey, who knows :LOL:

Yasudoloko

Jul 26, 2022
quick question if I wanna delete a game from pc do I just delete the file folder or do I have to uninstall it? never download from pc before I usually download from android.

Hugo_GLz

May 27, 2017
Anyone know how to work around the new Sonoma OS update?
Copy and pasting what I just told someone else in the forum just recently.

1. Download the sdk dmg from this page:

2. After downloading and mounting the dmg, drag the folder there to your applications folder. Since the mount doesn't have a shortcut to the applications folder, you should drag the folder from that window to your applications window.

3. After downloading the windows version of the game, put its folder in the same directory where your renpy application file is located.

4. Open the Renpy application file. In the top left, it will show "PROJECTS:". Click on the name of the game folder you just transferred in, and then click "Launch Project".

Jonathan0009

Jul 10, 2019
Copy and pasting what I just told someone else in the forum just recently.

1. Download the sdk dmg from this page:

2. After downloading and mounting the dmg, drag the folder there to your applications folder. Since the mount doesn't have a shortcut to the applications folder, you should drag the folder from that window to your applications window.

3. After downloading the windows version of the game, put its folder in the same directory where your renpy application file is located.

4. Open the Renpy application file. In the top left, it will show "PROJECTS:". Click on the name of the game folder you just transferred in, and then click "Launch Project".
im gonna suck you off so hard rn, i was looking for ways to do this online, on youtube and other forums on here. you're the only one who managed to help me out. thanks man.