VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Runaway [v0.3.1] [Dirty Secret Studio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

katmandomo

Version Reviewed: 0.2.1

This is a stat builder type game with basically only one woman. You take in a girl who is running away from some abusers and eventually form a relationship via incessant sexual harassment until she agrees to put out.

It's a bit grindy at the start but opens up a fair bit once you have her relationship level increased.

You can eventually buy outfits for her which unlock special scenes.

There is a little bit of annoying stat management, but it's not too bad. Earning money is quick and easy. Remembering to occasionally shower and play video games isn't terribly difficult either. I'm not sure they add anything to the game, but as far as annoyances go they're fairly minimal.

Good points:
    Unique concept.
    Mostly good renders

Bad points:
    Some of the facial animations are hilariously bad.
    A lot of Ren'Py bugs. By far the most crashes I've ever seen in a Ren'Py game.
    Limited sex options. The only PiV sex position is cowgirl. There's also a handjob and a blowjob. That's it. No anal that I've seen.
    No progression/hint system. I'm pretty sure I'm missing some content but I have no way of knowing.
    You can spank her, but only when she agrees. I can't figure out how to tell when you can spank her.
    No gallery.

Overall I'm being fairly generous with this review because it's not another goddamn sisterfucker, but it needs a lot of work.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

kshyk

This game is all right. Story is somehow original(ish).
    [I do not know why - but in my imagination, this story is set in Detroit City].
    I expected much worse writing style - but I think it needs more detail in the narration.
    Prologue is nice but later... it changes into free roam mode, with some stats to increase (or whatever you call that kind of game).
    I'm okay with 'free roam' game IF the story is really good. This one is not that good to convince me...yet!

To play or not to play? I think you should give this game a chance.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Estomac

The game developer is improving his female models! Most render are much better than in his previous games. There are still bugs, but debugging is something that "Dirty Studio" still has to learn. I enjoyed this intro. About 20 minutes of play are available.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

RobZombi3

Review of 0.1.1 version
    Early releases might not be rich in content but definitely should be working properly. It should raise my interest, make me want more. This game is a very broken mess that's doing exactly the opposite.
    Salvageable in future? Hmmmm

+ Concept
    - Wierd images of faces. When the girl smiles in some scenes its like a parody from TF2 machinima videos
    - Bugs
    - Graphical glitches. For example when you "release" your lust in the bathroom, bar from the side sometimes stays in the next picture.
    - Code errors. I would mind that much if almost any lewd content have chance to broke down. Did creator even tested it?
    - Poor design (meaning that in open world you should be able to "Go back" or "Cancel" your choice. It's really annoying to deal with.