Unity Runtime 3D Character customization, what do i need? (3D assets)

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
If you're using uma you could try this.
Also the inventory pro that is mentioned in here was open sourced in here: along with quest system pro in case you needed a dialogue/quest system too.

h0rnyc0der

Jun 3, 2020
i did spend the last week with UMA and have watched all of secret anorak´s videos over and over again.
eventually i decided to drop UMA because creating a custom race from DAZ is such a pain in the ass and theres ALWAYS something going wrong. dont know why, but it feels like UMA ist just too heavy for what i am looking for.

With just importing directly from DAZ to Unity (and some morph cleaning and renaming in blender) i achieved much more in 2 days compared to what i achieved with UMA in a whole week.
Thanks for that VRule34 btw.

However i also decided to ditch DAZ for now and extract Skyrim mods to use their meshes and morphs in unity.
Turned out this is quite the task but well, you grow with your tasks, right?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cul

InaayahRivers

Dec 11, 2020
Hi, this is an old topic but its on top of google.
i tryed Character creator and its much more gamedev friendly than DAZ, we can set body shape and cloth will automatically fit new body, also as said in doc we can import own cloth from simple meshed or import from DAZ.

Also I tryed all character creators for Blender (Makehuman, MB-Lab, Humangen), DAZ, UMA - and it was not very productive, CC3 - worked for me out of the box - clothed, rigged character with body and face shape keys goes into Unity without problems. Only need assign animation and job done.

Maybe anyone can point where to start, if I want the same body/cloth features as we have in Skyrim in Unity using CC3?